How would you interpret this usage? Do the usage terms mean one-time editorial use in one issue of a digital magazine at any size and on any page? Or do they perhaps mean something else?  The phrases "any editorial digital use" and "one time use only" seem a bit contradictory to me.

Usage: iQ sale: Magazine, any editorial digital use, one time use only
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 03 January 2014
End: 03 January 2016

I take it to mean use for any purpose (website, e-newsletter, e-mailshot) but once only.

But the terms state "magazine."

So perhaps it means in a magazine PLUS any other editorial digital use. But doesn't that contradict "one time use only"?

It's the magazine website. I've had these. The price versus other IQ sales suggested online only.

True, the price was lower than print+digital IQ sales, so I guess it's a magazine's website. I'm still confused by "any editorial digital use," though. Guess there's a reason I'm not a lawyer.

One of mine was

Usage: Non-Editorial Electronic and web uses

Media: Corporate website, single design

Industry sector: General business services

Yours lacks the 'media' line so maybe it's for something other than a website.

I think licence terms such as this may be moving targets.

One of mine was

Usage: Non-Editorial Electronic and web uses

Media: Corporate website, single design

Industry sector: General business services

Yours lacks the 'media' line so maybe it's for something other than a website.

I think licence terms such as this may be moving targets.

Which makes us moving targets as well, no?

Thanks, I need all the greenies I can get. My annual gross is currently only about 0.03 greenies per image (or 0.15 greenies per forum post). However, I still think that something like "one-time digital use on a magazine website" would have been a lot clearer. However, I now think I have a better idea of what the usage terms might mean after our little chat. Thank you kindly for indulging my low IQ.

Thanks, I need all the greenies I can get. My annual gross is currently only about 0.03 greenies per image (or 0.15 greenies per forum post). However, I still think that something like "one-time digital use on a magazine website" would have been a lot clearer. However, I now think I have a better idea of what the usage terms might mean after our little chat. Thank you kindly for indulging my low IQ.

Where do you spend your greenies John? :mellow:

Allan

Very close to my own greenstats.

I spend them on sharp and pedantic responses to hapless newbies so you should both be OK.

Very close to my own greenstats.

I spend them on sharp and pedantic responses to hapless newbies so you should both be OK.

Whew! That was close.

This textbook sale popped up today. It wasn't an IQ sale, and it was for a fairly good price (non-distributor). But how's this for a smorgasbord of rights?

"World English language rights for print/e-book/web/all manner of media/custom/derivative works/international student version/life of the product family edition"

Archived