Awaiting replies from Alamy

Allan Bell

Question

I have sent two emails to CR in the last week, the last one earlier today, and not received the usual automatic reply nor a reply to the earlier (auto or typed).

Others having the same?

Allan

17 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

I have sent two emails to CR in the last week, the last one earlier today, and not received the usual automatic reply nor a reply to the earlier (auto or typed).

Others having the same?

Allan

Does it count that I've been waiting for a batch to pass QC for three days now which normally takes less than 24 hours?

Edited by Ognyan Yosifov

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

Others having the same?

Allan

Check the email address. I always have to do that because my computer will use the address that Alamy uses to send me emails. It ends alamy-updates.com. The correct one just ends alamy.com

Paulette

14 hours ago, Pav said:

No, max 2 days delay in replies, but normally after a day. Check your spam folder.

Pav

Nothing from alamy in spam.

Allan

14 hours ago, NYCat said:

Check the email address. I always have to do that because my computer will use the address that Alamy uses to send me emails. It ends alamy-updates.com. The correct one just ends alamy.com

Paulette

Both were sent to alamy.com

Allan

I am beginning to get a bit worried now as there seems to be a lot of s**t happening with communications and other stuff with Alamy.

I contacted them a while ago about a problem with my dashboard malfunctioning and had some dialog with CR and even sent screen shots which they passed on to IT and not heard anything since. The "Sorry we have encountered an unexpected error" page is still appearing when clicking on my DB.

ITMA

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

Does it count that I've been waiting for a batch to pass QC for three days now which normally takes less than 24 hours?

That may be a different problem. They sometimes keep you waiting a bit longer before telling you your submission has failed QC.

Allan

On 11/10/2023 at 20:47, Ognyan Yosifov said:

Submission on the 6 October still hasn't been passed or failed this morning! Usually takes 24 hours for me on 3 stars. Stopped uploading more for now🫤

1 hour ago, Tony ALS said:

Submission on the 6 October still hasn't been passed or failed this morning! Usually takes 24 hours for me on 3 stars. Stopped uploading more for now🫤

Best to wait otherwise image batches uploaded now will be rejected if the upload you are waiting to pass actually fails then you will have to upload them all again.

Allan

• Like 1

Hi

I am having the same issue. It's been five days since my submission still in QC, so not uploading any more as yet. I'm on 3 star rating and normally pass QC within a day or so. I have emailed them and got automated reply, then, just now a reply saying thanks for your patience some staff are out of the office.

I am not a high seller on Alamy..........are you? I would like to know, because I am wondering if Alamy have decided to prioritise QC for their top earners. In other words to put their top earners through QC first, and let others wait longer i.e. the ones that sell more or have a higher star rating to get their work prioritised.

So I wonder if things have changed, or are they simply short staffed, as I can't see an announcement anywhere from them.

Edited by chasephoto

17 minutes ago, chasephoto said:

Hi

I am having the same issue. It's been five days since my submission still in QC, so not uploading any more as yet. I'm on 3 star rating and normally pass QC within a day or so. I have emailed them and got automated reply, then, just now a reply saying thanks for your patience some staff are out of the office.

I am not a high seller on Alamy..........are you? I would like to know, because I am wondering if Alamy have decided to prioritise QC for their top earners. In other words to put their top earners through QC first, and let others wait longer i.e. the ones that sell more or have a higher star rating to get their work prioritised.

So I wonder if things have changed, or are they simply short staffed, as I can't see an announcement anywhere from them.

I wouldn't describe myself as a high seller. The staff shortages may well be a problem, Covid is prevalent again.

2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Best to wait otherwise image batches uploaded now will be rejected if the upload you are waiting to pass actually fails then you will have to upload them all again.

Allan

That's my thinking Allan🤨

• Like 1

I find that answers, and getting queries answered are two separate entities. I'm outstanding a number of infringement and licence type questions that have only received follow-up replies but without being solved. I gave up on one previous large newspaper use after nearly a year and went direct to the publisher, which resulted in the issue being solved. That also resulted in CR actually coming back with an answer which was to let me know that contacting the publisher was a breach of contract. Clearly it's better to let the publisher get away without paying!

3 hours ago, chasephoto said:

Congratulations 😁

I got mine passed just now too after six days,  it does feel quite laborious sometimes when you work hard and no zooms but we don't always know what buyers want

Time to annotate......🤪 

Uploaded my last batch yesterday 12th, past QC this afternoon, annotation complete.

Allan

• Like 1