Glitch in AIM when searching in Pseudonym images

Allan Bell

Question

When I go into “Your images” in “Alamy Measures” in my dashboard and look up my “Pseudonym images” the table comes up with the image searches in a number of columns.

Clicking on the heading is supposed to bring “Your Zooms” to the top of the column. NO it doesn’t. all I get is transferred to another page which tells me “Sorry, we’ve encountered an unexpected error”.  This happens with all the columns as well. It has been going on for a few days that I know of.  Is anyone else suffering this glitch.

Allan

15 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

When I go into “Your images” in “Alamy Measures” in my dashboard and look up my “Pseudonym images” the table comes up with the image searches in a number of columns.

Clicking on the heading is supposed to bring “Your Zooms” to the top of the column. NO it doesn’t. all I get is transferred to another page which tells me “Sorry, we’ve encountered an unexpected error”.  This happens with all the columns as well. It has been going on for a few days that I know of.  Is anyone else suffering this glitch.

Allan

Same error Allan. But it's not AIM, it's Measures. 

9 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Same error Allan. But it's not AIM, it's Measures. 

Yes in measures Gen but I get to measures through AIM.

Allan

Anyway I have sent email to CS at Alamy.  (That can be confusing. CS - contributor services and CS - customer services.)

ITMA🙃  From down under.

Edited by Allan Bell

22 hours ago, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:
same glitch?:

batch of (318) images passed QC two weeks ago,
appears "on sale" in AIM,
but images NOT live online...
😡___ 😡___ 😡
so they're NOT available for licensing !!!
report received by IT (10) days ago...

Jeff, I found a small batch of ex-live news images which hadn't registered correctly on the database last week. All I did was make a random change and re-save them. They appeared correctly following the next database update.

Image count continues to be correct at 46495.

Edited by Avpics
image count checked

2 hours ago, Avpics said:

All I did was make a random change and re-save them. They appeared correctly following the next database update.

Avpics, thanks for reporting.

If willing, what was that random change -- can I mimic it?
Also, if willing, in my missing-online batch of (318) which includes SC image,

there are 0 returns for "jgjg Columbia South Carolina" date = within 6 months search

when there should be 20+ returns; can you (or anyone) report if you see more than 0?

thanks in advance regards jg

1 hour ago, Avpics said:

I simply deleted, saved, and then re-entered, and saved, a word common to the batch.

Did same.

"America American North Americans"

deleted, saved

added

"America Americans North American"
saved

note purposeful change in word order...

hope it works, crazy if it does, what's fixed by this action ???!!!

😵___  😵  ___  😵  ___ 😵

Edited by Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg

12 hours ago, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:

Did same.

"America American North Americans"

deleted, saved

added

"America Americans North American"
saved

note purposeful change in word order...

hope it works, crazy if it does, what's fixed by this action ???!!!

😵___  😵  ___  😵  ___ 😵

It is unfortunate but after following other threads on these forums it appears that Alamy servers and IT are going into a big black hole.

Allan

On 15/09/2023 at 16:58, Avpics said:

I simply deleted, saved, and then re-entered, and saved, a word common to the batch.

TARNATION !!

O.M.G. it worked !!

(318) "zombied" batch now visible after 2 weeks missing online !!
& finally forum image count = live collection count !!

Avpics you are my new best friend on The Internet...

😍___ 😍___ 😍___ 😍

Edited by Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg
  • Thanks 1

Mmm, this suggests problems can sometimes occur when the databases are updating..

I was recently contacted by Alamy to say the infringement team had found one of my "Alamy Exclusive" images is for sale elsewhere. Very concerned by this I rechecked the 500 images I have elsewhere to see if they were (a) on Alamy and (b) whether they were incorrectly marked as Alamy Exclusive in my downloaded CSV data. I was alarmed to find 30 images that were incorrectly marked. This came as a real surprise because I felt sure I had already checked them once before and made corrections. Maybe I made some changes to the exclusivity status of an image in AIM when another image was still selected? Maybe I just got it wrong... but 30 times? Or maybe changes I made in AIM never made it into the database. I'll never know.

Given the risk of being charged by the infringement team - I'd say it's worth double checking the exclusivity status. I found it easiest to use downloaded data for this as it's very tedious in AIM.

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Markmeister

Old Truism:
when computer goes wonky, reboot
New Truism:
when PAlamy collection goes wonky, change save, change back save

Although nature of my exclusive-nonexclusive issue differed from yours,
I found Infringements Manager to be helpful.  Ta!  Mark   👍__ 👍

Back to the OP.

Now also sent screen shots to Alamy for IT. One of the screen I was being directed to. And, as I found that I was now being directed to the same screen from the "Pseudonym Summary screen" a screenshot of that for clarification.

Allan