Location puzzle hard one

geogphotos

1 hour ago, Michael Ventura said:

Well done! So I guess it was Cordoba and not Cordola, on the slide, after all!

I found the slide to double-check and it is Cordolá with an accent on the 'a'. I guess just a mis-remembering when the slides were processed and returned and the photographer had hundreds to caption. 

Mexico has become more prosperous in the last several decades.  Mexico City is like a clash between the pasts, Aztec and Spanish, the presents, and the future.  The poor are still poor, though.  A lot of places are changing to LED lights.   One thing I've noticed is that if a Latin American country has any money at all, they take care of their cities, at least the middle class and rich areas.  And the capitals and regional cities have large proportions of the total population..   Most capital metro areas have a tenth, maybe more, of total national population. 

On 05/09/2023 at 18:01, geogphotos said:

I0000uZre9vxVxFI.jpg

"Magic lantern slide two boys playing on rocky beach circa 1900 location not known, presumed to be England, UK perhaps Cornwall"

Gurnsey - Moulin Huet Bay   Reverse angle.  Opinions?

https://fineartamerica.com/featured/guernsey--moulin-huet-bay--channel-islands--england-international-images.html?product=acrylic-print

english Channel Acrylic Print featuring the photograph Guernsey - Moulin Huet Bay - Channel Islands - England by International Images

Edited by Mr Standfast

22 minutes ago, Mr Standfast said:

By Jingo! That's got to be it. Well done that man.

How on earth.....???

Edited by geogphotos

Although there is already competition on Alamy for “Moulin Huet Bay”, including this one from some bloke called Renoir…

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Pierre-auguste_renoir,_baia_di_moulin_huet,_guernsey,_1883_ca.jpg

Although he’s completely overblown it with the filters in Photoshop in my opinion !

Edited by Gorilla Dave

19 minutes ago, Gorilla Dave said:

Although there is already competition on Alamy for “Moulin Huet Bay”, including this one from some bloke called Renoir…

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Pierre-auguste_renoir,_baia_di_moulin_huet,_guernsey,_1883_ca.jpg

Although he’s completely overblown it with the filters in Photoshop in my opinion !

AI Photo to Painting Converter

• 4 weeks later...