Yesterday, I had a PU sale show up for mid-$, and then two more today at exactly the same low price. They look to be all to the same client, a real estate agent perhaps, judging from the subject matter. I'm assuming they are part of an image pack. Anyone else seeing more of these lately?

I had a PU sale today, also mid $, of a photo of a house in Vancouver.  It says its from the EU.  I was surprised at how low it was for a PU sale.  I just came to the forums to see if anyone else had reported anything similar.   Were yours of Vancouver as well John?

How can these be personal use unless some rich family want to show their architect what they want him to design for them.   Or someone is making drawings from the photos.   If they end up on a real estate agent's website, that's commercial use. 

57 minutes ago, Rebecca Ore said:

How can these be personal use unless some rich family want to show their architect what they want him to design for them.   Or someone is making drawings from the photos.   If they end up on a real estate agent's website, that's commercial use. 

Not necessarily website use, which would probably, as you say, be commercial use. An agent, or whoever, could hang the pics in their office. Vancouver has become Luxury Real Estate City. One of the other licensed images was of a Bentley (not mine) parked outside another luxury home.

3 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Not necessarily website use, which would probably, as you say, be commercial use. An agent, or whoever, could hang the pics in their office. Vancouver has become Luxury Real Estate City. One of the other licensed images was of a Bentley (not mine) parked outside another luxury home.

You don't own a Bentley, John? It's a shame! 😉 

10 hours ago, Bryan said:

Upscale house, that's a new one on me, presumably a palatial place ?  Need to look on measure to see if it is widely used search term ! 

My image that sold was zoomed yesterday, and the search terms were for a particular neighbourhood (which happens to be upscale).

2 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

That's weasel commercial.   Can't prove it without going into the guy's office, but if he's using them for advertising even as office display photos, it's not personal use, though his argument would be that since he doesn't represent the houses as the broker, it's just office decoration, but the use is aimed at impressing clients, and he probably doesn't explain that he wasn't involved in the sales of those houses.  If he was, it's commercial use even as an office display

1 hour ago, Rebecca Ore said:

That's weasel commercial.   Can't prove it without going into the guy's office, but if he's using them for advertising even as office display photos, it's not personal use, though his argument would be that since he doesn't represent the houses as the broker, it's just office decoration, but the use is aimed at impressing clients, and he probably doesn't explain that he wasn't involved in the sales of those houses.  If he was, it's commercial use even as an office display

Yes, it could be for weasel commercial use as you describe, or it might be perfectly legit PU. It's impossible to know.

BTW, I'd say that at least 50% of the real estate agents in Metro Vancouver aren't guys. 👩👩‍🦰👨

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Yes, it could be for weasel commercial use as you describe, or it might be perfectly legit PU. It's impossible to know.

BTW, I'd say that at least 50% of the real estate agents in Metro Vancouver aren't guys. 👩👩‍🦰👨

Okay, people.   (True in a lot of other places, too).