Location, location, location!

I have this and picked off some of the sites it suggests on my last visit to London. It’s a great book but a bit to big and heavy to carry around with you.

https://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=30922147107&ref_=ps_ggl_2039220669&cm_mmc=ggl-_-UK_Shopp_Tradestandard-_-product_id=UK9781916014510USED-_-keyword=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIt-70yc2pgAMVQsHtCh0mcAgFEAQYBCABEgKW1_D_BwE

53070455585_21ec18e53d.jpg

Edited by Steve Hyde
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Steve Hyde said:

I have this and picked off some of the sites it suggests on my last visit to London. It’s a great book but a bit to big and heavy to carry around with you.

https://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=30922147107&ref_=ps_ggl_2039220669&cm_mmc=ggl-_-UK_Shopp_Tradestandard-_-product_id=UK9781916014510USED-_-keyword=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIt-70yc2pgAMVQsHtCh0mcAgFEAQYBCABEgKW1_D_BwE

53070455585_21ec18e53d.jpg

10/10 for the cover picture!

• Like 2

By all means take similar photos to what you you find however you find them if you like them,  but always be on the lookout for a different point of view or even a completely new image which is yours only.

I try my best to live up to finding my own views but can't be successful all the time and do take similars if I think it will sell.

Allan

• Like 1

On 25/07/2023 at 17:55, Allan Bell said:

I try my best to live up to finding my own views but can't be successful all the time and do take similars if I think it will sell.

Allan

Agree 100% but often quite difficult to find a new angle when it has all been photographed so many times before. New rooftop gardens may offer an opportunity for some originality before these two are swamped with 000s of pics. Key is to find something less mainstream but that's no easy thing.

I normally only get to London at most two or three days a year but a sizeable proportion of my sales have come from those visits, including my two most numerous sellers. Think outside the box (the box being the very centre of London).

Alan

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 27/07/2023 at 09:23, Inchiquin said:

Think outside the box (the box being the very centre of London).

Yup, good advice but there again there is a need to update well trodden paths as the images soon become out of date. Some well established stock chap suggested always getting up high to take a pic of the ever changing skyline, no matter which country/city you were in.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jansos said:

Yup, good advice but there again there is a need to update well trodden paths as the images soon become out of date. Some well established stock chap suggested always getting up high to take a pic of the ever changing skyline, no matter which country/city you were in.

Some of my "different" images were taken, when at a well photographed site, simply by turning my back on it and quite surprised to see a very suitable view worth taking a shot at.

Allan

I call it "The art of the lesser viewed photo".

ITMA

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Like 2