New contract changes?

geogphotos

Question

9 answers to this question

Commission seems to be remaining the same (without me doing a direct table comparison). Novel use includes selling images at any price, including giving them away potentially to 3rd parties for free. And use of your images for AI machine learning trials.

Now I want to opt out of novel use, but got to wait until next April...

• Like 1

Two things I notice.

1. The contributor is specifically responsible for the metadata as well as image content. It's not  clear to me if this just means metadata embedded in the image at the time of creation, or if they are putting the addition of captions and tags on a more legal footing. Probably the former but I'm not absolutely sure.

2. They have incorporated the announcement they made recently about making payments to contributors for content used in Machine Learning. Alamy will decide how much, based upon a pro-rata share of whatever they get.

These are by no means the only changes but they are the ones which leapt out at me.

2 hours ago, Steve F said:

Commission seems to be remaining the same (without me doing a direct table comparison). Novel use includes selling images at any price, including giving them away potentially to 3rd parties for free. And use of your images for AI machine learning trials.

Now I want to opt out of novel use, but got to wait until next April...

Interesting that Alamy waited until May to make the changes...

2 hours ago, Joseph Clemson said:

Two things I notice.

1. The contributor is specifically responsible for the metadata as well as image content. It's not  clear to me if this just means metadata embedded in the image at the time of creation, or if they are putting the addition of captions and tags on a more legal footing. Probably the former but I'm not absolutely sure.

@Alamy

Ever since you implemented "version 2" new alamy image details page last year, it has been pulling the "date taken" from the photo metadata instead of from whatever is filled out in the AIM which "version 1" has correctly done. @alamy has never fixed this bug, and I had mentioned this last year.

What is version 1 and version 2? Version 2 of the alamy image details page has a big fat "x" on the photo  when you go click on it zoom in on the image. I notice version 2 mostly available on the weekends.

Hi All, 

To make things less complicated, please feel free to join the discussion regarding the contract change on our post here: 

Thanks,

Louise