Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I signed up for a month's subscription a few days before Xmas. I am still waiting for a new scan to run. My contact at Pixsy has moved on to new pastures - is that a sign?  

 

I emailed and was promised a scan before New Year nothing has happened. I have sent another email asking what is going on etc but no reply as yet

 

I am posting here because I wondered if other people are getting regular scans or if there is something going wrong at Pixsy.

 

Thanks

 

Ian

 

 

Edited by geogphotos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, David eastley said:

Ian

 

I seem to get scans ( and lots of non matches ) every 4 to 6 weeks

 

David

 

 

Thanks David,

 

Previously as soon as I have re-subscribed I've had an almost immediate scan. That's what I was hoping for so that I could spend some time over Xmas lokking through the matches while the family watched TV😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"We are currently experiencing an unusually large number of sign-ups/image imports which has resulted in a scanning back log in accounts. A scan will be completed once our system has caught up, likely next week. I will let you know when the scan has taken place.

 

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience."
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/01/2023 at 11:11, geogphotos said:
"We are currently experiencing an unusually large number of sign-ups/image imports which has resulted in a scanning back log in accounts. A scan will be completed once our system has caught up, likely next week. I will let you know when the scan has taken place.

 

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience."

I hope you’re not paying for that service.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I have just signed up to the free element on Pixsy for the first time and uploaded 25 images from 2022. I was surprised at how quickly the search started throwing up usages.  Seventy eight at the last look.

 

Looking at the images which are shown in the searches from the UK and rest of the world there are some images showing just the image with details of usage and others which show the image with Alamy watermarks and bar along the bottom of the image or some with just the Alamy bar along the bottom and no watermark.

 

Can I safely assume the images with Alamy bar only and Alamy watermarks with bar are all knock-offs?

 

Another thought. Are those images with watermarks etc from Alamy's distributors?

 

Sorry to bother you all with this.  I was searching for legit uses to help with my DACS claim.

 

Sorry again Ian for butting in but did not want to start a new thread.

 

Allan

 

HELP!

 

ITMA

Edited by Allan Bell
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, a lot of those 'matches' will most likely be dead ends. You need to check that the website address and image URL belong to the same domain. Many of the 'matches' are examples of hot-linking where they don't actually infringe copyright ( legally) but just link to the image on its legal site.

 

You are probably doing this but for the free service it would be best to upload images that you know have sold and are out there on the internet. 

 

Yes, using these copyright companies is valuable for identifying legal uses which can then be used for DACS. 

Edited by geogphotos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/01/2023 at 19:59, Sally said:

I hope you’re not paying for that service.

 

I paid $89 for a month's subscription. I have had a couple of scans since posting above but have switched back to the free service for now. 

 

On the plus side I have found some new Cases to submit for further enquiry. 

 

But you have to be careful. If you submit a Case as an infringement and it turns out that the user has a license ( could be unreported!) you can end up being fined if it happens a couple of times. Other services out there are more sympathetic and understand that stock agency sales reporting is far from perfect and 'mistakes' happen ( far too often?)

Edited by geogphotos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

 

 

Sorry to bother you all with this.  I was searching for legit uses to help with my DACS claim.

 

Sorry again Ian for butting in but did not want to start a new thread.

 

Allan

 

HELP!

 

ITMA

 

 

Happy to help if I can so feel free to ask away.

 

All the best

 

Ian

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, geogphotos said:

Unfortunately, a lot of those 'matches' will most likely be dead ends. You need to check that the website address and image URL belong to the same domain. Many of the 'matches' are examples of hot-linking where they don't actually infringe copyright ( legally) but just link to the image on its legal site.

 

You are probably doing this but for the free service it would be best to upload images that you know have sold and are out there on the internet. 

 

Yes, using these copyright companies is valuable for identifying legal uses which can then be used for DACS. 

 

Hi Ian thanks for your reply.  All the images I uploaded were sold during 2022.

 

My images are exclusive to Alamy so if I notify them of what I find, excluding legal licences, they will have to investigate. But I balk at loading over 50 possible infringements to Alamy.

 

The good thing is Pixsy did pick up four legit usages that I can submit to DACS.

 

Allan

 

Edited by Allan Bell
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I recall correctly, when I was using Pixsy, it was worth "whitelisting" all alamy domains and their distributors to reduce the false hits. I swapped to using Copytrack a while ago because I found Pixsy's user interface so confusing.

 

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

If I recall correctly, when I was using Pixsy, it was worth "whitelisting" all alamy domains and their distributors to reduce the false hits. I swapped to using Copytrack a while ago because I found Pixsy's user interface so confusing.

 

Mark

 

Good idea Mark thanks.

 

Allan

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

If I recall correctly, when I was using Pixsy, it was worth "whitelisting" all alamy domains and their distributors to reduce the false hits. I swapped to using Copytrack a while ago because I found Pixsy's user interface so confusing.

 

Mark

 

 

I like the Copytrack search system but I found them much worse at actually chasing infringements - not that Pixsy is all that great at times. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.