First time stock photo sales

geogphotos

People are often asking about what sort of images sell. I am happy to share some of my information here.

I0000VU9yACHbUt4.jpg

I've put together a gallery of images that have sold for the first time over the last month or so.

I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions ( probably good reasosn why some have been waiting for over a decade but hey at least somebody handed over cash for them 😁)

https://blog.geographyphotos.com/2022/11/04/recent-sales-october-2022/

Edited by geogphotos
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Over the past few months, I have noticed too that older images sold. More than recent ones. The seach engine algorithm must have changed.

I'm not sure that I hve seen that at all. I have only included older images that have never previously sold - so quite specific needs I suppose.

3 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

I'm not sure that I hve seen that at all. I have only included older images that have never previously sold - so quite specific needs I suppose.

My older images recent licenses had never sold before. They have been on Alamy for years. Strange.

I have a stable of old images that license over and over and over again. However, most of my real oldies seem securely locked in Davy Jones' Locker now. That said, some images can indeed "marinate" for a long time before licensing. I had a first-time sale last month of an image that has been gathering dust for over ten years. Only two sales so far this month, both first-timers, one uploaded in 2015, and the other a couple of months ago.

On 05/11/2022 at 17:19, John Mitchell said:

I have a stable of old images that license over and over and over again. However, most of my real oldies seem securely locked in Davy Jones' Locker now. That said, some images can indeed "marinate" for a long time before licensing. I had a first-time sale last month of an image that has been gathering dust for over ten years. Only two sales so far this month, both first-timers, one uploaded in 2015, and the other a couple of months ago.

John with those images that are in DJ's locker if you do some slight adjustment to them and reload them they may come to the front of the searches again.

Allan

6 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

John with those images that are in DJ's locker if you do some slight adjustment to them and reload them they may come to the front of the searches again.

Allan

Good suggestion. However, I'm not sure a lot of them would pass QC now. Also, I'm much too lazy to do anything more than fiddle with keywords at this point. Perhaps Alamy will create a "Davy Jones Locker" collection one day. 🙃

More here if anybody is interested in seeing recently reported first time sales - some new, some very old.

One as old as me but only born in 2022. 

https://blog.geographyphotos.com/2022/11/15/november-2022-first-time-sales/

Edited by geogphotos