Light aircraft information please

geogphotos

I00003PumWCaZmjc.jpg

1962 thought to be St Lucia

Would this be the Piper Apache mentioned below? It doesn't look like a Beechcraft Bonanza and the de Havilland is much larger

(The Piper PA-23, named Apache and later Aztec) ??

Thanks for looking

Ian

Leeward Islands Air Transport Services was founded by the late Kittician (now Sir) Frank Delisle in Montserrat on 20 October 1956 and began flying with a single Piper Apache operating between Antigua and Montserrat. With the acquisition in 1957 of 75 percent of the airline by the larger, better known BWIA, LIAT was able to expand to other Caribbean destinations and to obtain new aircraft types, such as the Beechcraft Bonanza and de Havilland Heron

Edited by geogphotos

13 hours ago, geogphotos said:

It doesn't look like a Beechcraft Bonanza

I'm guessing your searches would have returned the more recent shapes and the single engine versions. As correctly identified, the tail gives it away as on early version of the Twin Bonanza. It's unfortunate that the FAA haven't digitised their old registration records, unlike the CAA, and that they also allow registrations to be re-issued onto new airframes if the old one is withdrawn from use.

• Love 1

10 hours ago, Avpics said:

I'm guessing your searches would have returned the more recent shapes and the single engine versions. As correctly identified, the tail gives it away as on early version of the Twin Bonanza. It's unfortunate that the FAA haven't digitised their old registration records, unlike the CAA, and that they also allow registrations to be re-issued onto new airframes if the old one is withdrawn from use.

Thanks Avpics.