Upload Issue

On 31/08/2022 at 02:17, Martin L said:

You might have to check your port a bit. Image 2H2B4GH (and the ones following) have no caption and no keywords.

Or maybe with the new Alamy website 'telepathy' is a new filter

How is it possible? Images don't go on sale if there's no caption or at least 5 keywords.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, gvallee said:

How is it possible? Images don't go on sale if there's no caption or at least 5 keywords.

I too have seen images for sale with no tags, also some with gibberish as a caption. Alamy certainly has a few unexplained mysteries.

• Love 1

5 hours ago, gvallee said:

I think that you can upload them, pass QC and end up in your port with no keywords or captions.

But you are right, for them to go on sale and be searched, they need at least 5 keywords and a caption otherwise they remain 'not on sale' in your dashboard.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, sb photos said:

I too have seen images for sale with no tags, also some with gibberish as a caption. Alamy certainly has a few unexplained mysteries.

Steve, in this instance I'm not sure that this is Alamy's issue. The responsibility is with the OP and us to make sure things are captioned and keyworded properly.

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, Martin L said:

Steve, in this instance I'm not sure that this is Alamy's issue. The responsibility is with the OP and us to make sure things are captioned and keyworded properly.

But they should not appear in portfolio.  My images with no caption no KW uploaded through stock certainly don't,  so it does seem like an issue.  I wouldn't want someone to be able to licence one of my image before i can caption what is in, especially editorial ones.

Edited by meanderingemu
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

But they should not appear in portfolio.  My images with no caption no KW uploaded through stock certainly don't,  so it does seem like an issue.  I wouldn't want someone to be able to licence one of my image before i can caption what is in, especially editorial ones.

I presume being 'not on sale' on your dashboard means they can't be licensed so that shouldn't be an issue (might be wrong)

Edit: Actually I probably am wrong, 'not on sale' is probably just for us and doesn't literally mean 'can't be licensed'. I take it all back. Seems like it could be a bit of  an issue.

I have accidently uploaded a pic with 4 keywords, it went through QC, ended up in my port and couldn't understand why I had one image 'not for sale'.

Edited by Martin L
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, Martin L said:

I presume being 'not on sale' on your dashboard means they can't be licensed so that shouldn't be an issue (might be wrong)

Edit: Actually I probably am wrong, 'not on sale' is probably just for us and doesn't literally mean 'can't be licensed'. I take it all back. Seems like it could be a bit of  an issue.

I have accidently uploaded a pic with 4 keywords, it went through QC, ended up in my port and couldn't understand why I had one image 'not for sale'.

My uncaptioned, untagged images do not appear in search.

• Love 1