Jump to content

Distribution sales opted out


Recommended Posts

I have had a a number of distribution sales over the last few months, even though I am opted out of distribution completely. Alamy discovered that there was a loophole allowing distributor clients to purchase an image if they knew the Alamy reference. This has, apparently, been sorted. in all previous cases Alamy has refunded me 100% of the commission.
Today I got another one, albeit for tiny cents. I don’t usually get these Chinese ridiculous sales so I contacted Alamy once again, only to be told that it was yet again another distributor sale. 
If you have what looks like a distributor sale ie less than 40% of the sale and you are opted out of such sales, then do contact Alamy.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I opted out from China this April, but just got 3 extremely ridiculous "sales" ranging from 0.06 - 0.01 cents Net due, downloaded in December, so I'm still not reporting ...

Edited by Ognyan Yosifov
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I opted out of China too and have just had 14 sales through at $0.05 gross  I will have to wait until tomorrow to find out where they have gone to. Looking at some of those listed - it's such a variety of images e.g. vase of flowers, swallows, a black labrador, a motorbike. Our work is being given away and it's so demoralising. 

Edited by ROC
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, ROC said:

I opted out of China too and have just had 14 sales through at $0.05 gross  I will have to wait until tomorrow to find out where they have gone to. Looking at some of those listed - it's such a variety of images e.g. vase of flowers, swallows, a black labrador, a motorbike. Our work is being given away and it's so demoralising. 

If you click on "Download sales report" on your homepage you can see the usage at the time of the report. And then click on "Download" to get a .csv file with the usages 

 

Edited by Ognyan Yosifov
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

If you click on "Download sales report" on your homepage you can see the usage at the time of the report. And then click on "Download" to get a .csv file with the usages 

 

It only gives basic info, including the fact that some images have been downloaded more than once. It gives the image size sold but not where they have gone or for what usage. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dave Nelson said:

I had one of those today - gross $0.23, net $0.06.

6.1 MB, ROW, 2 downloads.  No further information.

Not sure what ROW means.

 

ROW = Rest of the World

Usually Australia (for me) but could be Japan, etc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, gvallee said:

 

ROW = Rest of the World

Usually Australia (for me) but could be Japan, etc

Thanks.  I am only in distribution for US and Japan, so that is possible.

Previous distribution sales to Japan have been for very good prices.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For those that just opted out of Chinese Distro, remember this is a quarterly reporting of sales for this distributor, still no explanation from Alamy why they allow this,  so depending when Alamy updated system some may have been before.  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I still have no more information this morning. It just gives the size of the purchased images plus ‘downloaded 1 time’. I have a couple that were downloaded more than once. One 17 times which gross payment was a whopping $0.87. 

Edited by ROC
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ROC said:

I still have no more information this morning. It just gives the size of the purchased images plus ‘downloaded 1 time’. I have a couple that were downloaded more than once. One 17 times which gross payment was a whopping $0.87. 

Presumably because they are not RM images. You only get the details if they are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.