So Who's Joining Me in the Silver Club Next Month

Jill Morgan

Question

I haven't had a sale since March, where I had 3 sales.  the grand total for those 3 sales was $8.15.  The ones before weren't much better.

I am preparing to move to the basement and get my paltry 20% of .15 cents for any rare sale that comes up in the future.  Have lost total interest in uploading anything, never mind putting in the effort to do any image editing.  Sales just aren't worth the work involved.  Maybe I'll just run around and shoot everything I see, upload them all unedited and slap in some keywords.  Couldn't do any worse than I am now.  A couple of hundred images of empty farm fields. Think that will get me some sales?

I'll put the coffee on for the rest of the silver shooters out there.  Do you think we will make enough to pay for the coffee?

Jill

• Like 6
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Jill, I'm so sorry to your bad news. I can't check now, of course, but I remember that your photo work has gotten better and better and what you do is hard work. So this is bad news for us all.

I'm still doing okay, with my number of sales okay but gross down that 10%. I hope you and all the folks above the frosty line recover. My son is one of you. 

Edo

Thanks for the sympathy.  Of course birds being one of my current trendy subjects doesn't make for great sales due to the literal volume of images all over all the stock agencies.  It does get depressing, but of course it isn't my livelihood, so unlike others it doesn't affect whether I can put food on the table.

My son just started working for Air Canada, so in the very near future I will be able to fly anywhere Air Canada flies for a very paltry sum.  Always standby of course, but I  might get around to some new places and maybe I'll upload stuff from there.  Who knows?  Gotta put the pictures I take somewhere.  Australia is on my list, so watch out Gen, I'm taking you on. 😁.

Jill

• Love 3

10 minutes ago, Jill Morgan said:

Thanks for the sympathy.  Of course birds being one of my current trendy subjects doesn't make for great sales due to the literal volume of images all over all the stock agencies.  It does get depressing, but of course it isn't my livelihood, so unlike others it doesn't affect whether I can put food on the table.

My son just started working for Air Canada, so in the very near future I will be able to fly anywhere Air Canada flies for a very paltry sum.  Always standby of course, but I  might get around to some new places and maybe I'll upload stuff from there.  Who knows?  Gotta put the pictures I take somewhere.  Australia is on my list, so watch out Gen, I'm taking you on. 😁.

Jill

Go for it Jill, plenty of birds to photograph in Australia. Australians are slowly resuming international travel. There are lots of caravanners/campers on the road.

• Love 1

On 27/06/2022 at 17:59, gvallee said:

Go for it Jill, plenty of birds to photograph in Australia. Australians are slowly resuming international travel. There are lots of caravanners/campers on the road.

Would love to get down under in the next year.  Good winter spot to travel. I'll check out some airbnbs later in the year and see what I can plan.  Is it expensive to rent a caravan?

Jill

3 hours ago, Jill Morgan said:

Would love to get down under in the next year.  Good winter spot to travel. I'll check out some airbnbs later in the year and see what I can plan.  Is it expensive to rent a caravan?

Jill

Oh exciting! Do check out the weather of the region you'd like to visit. There is both summer and winter at the same time in Oz. North and South have inverse seasons. For example right now, it's officially 'winter'. It means around 10C max in Tasmania and around 30C in the north (Darwin). They're joking in Tasmania that to warm up the house, they have to open the fridge door. You being from Canada, I have nothing to teach you LOL!!

Renting a caravan is not common in Oz. I know that some people rent out their own caravan. The only website I've heard about is https://www.camplify.com.au/. I cannot vouch for it, I simply don't know.

What 99% of visitors do is rent a motorhome or campervan. They come in all sizes, shapes, four wheel drive or for bitumen roads. There are well established rental companies for them.

https://www.apollocamper.com/

https://www.maui-rentals.com/au/en

https://www.britz.com/au/en

Airbnb are quite expensive but what isn't these days. Property rentals have become very scarce throughout the country. A huge boom in property market prompted house rental owners to sell. You have plenty of time to organise your trip, so I'm confident you'll find something that suits. 

• Like 1

I think this is appropriate for this thread. I thought about a new one but I suspect it is part of the changes for demoting to Silver. I have a friend who joined Alamy but never submitted any images. She thinks she's not good enough and I disagree but could never convince her. She has a handful of pics on Stockimo that haven't earned her anything. So I wrote her about the changes here and today she emailed me....  
"Alamy?  Yes...ahem, I JUST got a "separation" email from them this morning.  No notice, no fanfare, just a "we've deleted your account" email!"

Paulette 

24 minutes ago, NYCat said:

I think this is appropriate for this thread. I thought about a new one but I suspect it is part of the changes for demoting to Silver. I have a friend who joined Alamy but never submitted any images. She thinks she's not good enough and I disagree but could never convince her. She has a handful of pics on Stockimo that haven't earned her anything. So I wrote her about the changes here and today she emailed me....  
"Alamy?  Yes...ahem, I JUST got a "separation" email from them this morning.  No notice, no fanfare, just a "we've deleted your account" email!"

Paulette 

It looks like it's actually part of the agreement we agreed to:

20.2  Alamy may terminate this Contract:

20.2.2  immediately on written notice to you if:

20.2.2.5 your Account is deemed to be inactive whereby; (i) no Content is submitted to the System by you following Registration

Edited by meanderingemu
  • Like 1

That is interesting. It means one's S*o account is totally separate from one's Alamy account. The system doesn't *know* you also have a S*o account that's active or doesn't care.

wim

• Like 1