Request from distributor…..response

10 hours ago, MarkK said:

"Hopefully Alamy is working on stopping distributors offering "penny sales" with sloppy licences."

I think most of us realize they are not stopping it but instead ramping it up.  Let the data be our guide, which in our case is the sales, and we have the answer.  When I began with Alamy in 2016 I really saw them as transparent and upfront.  Now I see the exact opposite. 

Totally agree. Gone are the times when Alamy was genuinely transparent and would also actually listen to and take on board photographers' concerns. I thought Alamy was a breath of fresh air in the stock industry when I joined in 2004 but now there is a distinct whiff of  🤢  permeating throughout

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I had this standard email from Sabine last night and replied today to the effect that I was not interested.

Sabine has added a note on my account too.

Allan

• Like 1

I have so few distributor sales I can count them on one hand. And I have never had a request as above. It pays to be a bad photographer, I guess….er…well…my head hurts.

Do zooms count???

Edited by Betty LaRue

On 27/04/2022 at 17:23, MarkK said:

Response from Alamy:

... Distributors operate on markets where we don’t have direct sales.

Why/how can't the French buy directly from Alamy?

There seem to be plenty of countries where people who don't understand "Stock photo of ..." and need refunds can buy photos, apparently thinking they're buying the article. Why not France?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Cryptoprocta said:

There seem to be plenty of countries where people who don't understand "Stock photo of ..." and need refunds can buy photos, apparently thinking they're buying the article. Why not France?

Why not EVERYWHERE?

Allan

• Thanks 1

On 29/05/2022 at 11:36, Cryptoprocta said:

maybe French customers prefer buying from a French image bank, with price i assume in their own currency, local contact.  Most Clients probably don't know where the image is from originally.

So i can understand why someone would .