Alamy selling my RM imagae as RF

Anyone had this before? I classified this as a Rights Managed image but Alamy selling it as Royalty Free

BNHGAR      Rights Managed

Usage: Advertising and promotion, Royalty Free, all media, in perpetuity
Media: Promotional brochures/ leaflets/inserts
Image Size: Any size
Start: 12 February 2022
Duration: Unlimited

$ 0.53

8 minutes ago, ReeRay said:

Ask Alamy for an explanation. Seems strange if you marked as RM

someone posted that Alamy claims they are allowed if participating under Novel (mis)Usage

added, last post of thread

https://discussion.alamy.com/topic/15483-rm-photo-sold-as-rf-“novel-use”-effect/

Edited by meanderingemu

All my RM sales since March 2021 have been "in perpetuity" or  "unlimited" - which is kind of the same as RF i reckon.

...and part of the reason why i'm not really motivated to upload anything new.

Edited by Gorilla Dave
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Gorilla Dave said:

..and part of the reason why i'm not really motivated to upload anything new.

Agree. For years we have been saying the writing is on the wall. For many (incl myself) the future is now well and truly here.

Just think what it will be like in one or two years as well.

• Like 1

On 21/04/2022 at 16:18, Gorilla Dave said:

All my RM sales since March 2021 have been "in perpetuity" or  "unlimited" - which is kind of the same as RF i reckon.

...and part of the reason why i'm not really motivated to upload anything new.

This is what's happening with my RM images as well. I don't mind every "hybrid" license sold, as sometimes it makes sense, but I think they should either check with us first or rewrite/remove clause 2.2. from the contract. Just to be fair!

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Taina said:

This is what's happening with my RM images as well. I don't mind every "hybrid" license sold, as sometimes it makes sense, but I think they should either check with us first or rewrite/remove clause 2.2. from the contract. Just to be fair!

also big issue is the Agreement definition of RM which clearly states they must be limited by territory, licence period, media, industry, print run and any other relevant criteria

worldwide and perpetuity fail on both account.  Is Alamy going to argue that they have limited to this planet?

As for licence Period the only argument they could make is it is limited by the Start date, but since many of these start date are the reporting date, not the actual usage date, this would be interesting as they now open ways to a bunch of Infringement case since image were used prior to licence date.  

• Love 1
  • Like 4