Which sell more?

Hello my fellow photographer! Goodmorning Can you help me start over again? Which sell the most at this moment? landscape, nature, architectural, Food photography weather it's editorial or not? Christmas is coming and it's coldy winter season.... Please help?

Editorial images tend to do the best on Alamy, but all types of images can license. If you are thinking of starting over, I would recommend going back and improving the captions and keywords of a lot of your images. Many of your captions are too brief and inaccurate. For instance, in P8C4R5 you mention "Science World" in the caption, but Science World isn't even visible in the image. There are many other examples of inaccurate and incomplete captions in your collection, so the images are very unlikely to sell. You will find some helpful information on captions and tags  here.

• Love 2

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

Editorial images tend to do the best on Alamy, but all types of images can license. If you are thinking of starting over, I would recommend going back and improving the captions and keywords of a lot of your images. Many of your captions are too brief and inaccurate. For instance, in P8C4R5 you mention "Science World" in the caption, but Science World isn't even visible in the image. There are many other examples of inaccurate and incomplete captions in your collection, so the images are very unlikely to sell. You will find some helpful information on captions and tags  here.

Thank you so much

• Love 1

9 hours ago, anna182016 said:

Which sell the most at this moment? landscape, nature, architectural, Food photography weather it's editorial or not? Christmas is coming and it's coldy winter season

Food is probably a better bet among your list.

However, none of the genres you've listed are in the most-selling list. At this moment or in the past.

Best-selling are and have been for many years: business, lifestyle, concepts.

GI

• Like 1

It's a difficult question to answer and it depends on what kinds of images are in demand.  I find editorial images and travel images sell the best for me.  But particular travel images may be more in demand than others.

By way I noticed some images of a child in the snow in your portfolio and the caption indicates it's in Vancouver in Nov 2021.   Just wondering where this was as I'm in Vancouver and I haven't yet seen any snow.  Perhaps indicate the neighbourhood in your image.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, MariaJ said:

It's a difficult question to answer and it depends on what kinds of images are in demand.  I find editorial images and travel images sell the best for me.  But particular travel images may be more in demand than others.

By way I noticed some images of a child in the snow in your portfolio and the caption indicates it's in Vancouver in Nov 2021.   Just wondering where this was as I'm in Vancouver and I haven't yet seen any snow.  Perhaps indicate the neighbourhood in your image.

Could be photographer has not set date on camera so images will show date of upload.

Allan

4 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Could be photographer has not set date on camera so images will show date of upload.

Allan

In this case, I had seen November 2021 in the caption on the images, not under "date taken".  Looking at them again, I see the date taken is actually February 2018.

anna182016, it is important to caption your images accurately.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I find travel and editorial do best for me here. Concepts and travel do better on another site. I don't shoot high end lifestyle with models, but I know that sells best, though with falling prices the cost to shoot high end lifestyle might be hard to recover, nevermind make a profit on. 

On 12/11/2021 at 17:46, MariaJ said:

yes that was few years back i just   put the title, description and keywords, i guest i need to change the date as well,

7 hours ago, MariaJ said:

In this case, I had seen November 2021 in the caption on the images, not under "date taken".  Looking at them again, I see the date taken is actually February 2018.

anna182016, it is important to caption your images accurately.

noted