Exclusive to Alamy commission

Norfolk Coaster

Question

10 answers to this question

The 50% rate was pinched from us with the contact change in  the middle of the year. The rate is now 40% for us, 60% for Alamy (less from distibutor sales) unless you are in that  star-studded range of  contributors who reach Platinum status by raking in $25,000 per annum.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Joseph Clemson said:

If you haven't done so already you should study the new contract carefully to see what else Alamy has loaded on to your shoulders.

Including fact, if this is OP's first sale under the new contract, it would seem likely that they would have another big surprise after July next year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meanderingemu said:

Including fact, if this is OP's first sale under the new contract, it would seem likely that they would have another big surprise after July next year. 

Given the declining licence fees, he won't be the only one...:wacko:

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Norfolk Coaster said:

I had 60% commission deducted from a photo marked as 'exclusive to Alamy'. Surely it should have been 50%? I can't find anywhere on my Contributor Dashboard to ask Alamy this question directly, so I'm asking the forum. Can anyone suggest why this was?

to address the other issue of the post.  This is where you should contact Alamy for such issue

contributors@alamy.com  

Thanks for all your responses. Yes I probably ignored the email notifying me about the new contract, thinking the changes would be insignificant. The way things are going it looks as if Alamy in future will no longer be paying any more commission than a certain micro-stock photo library, which arguably has a longer reach than it! Food for thought

• Like 2

If I don't meet the $250 deadline to qualify for 60%/40% by next July it is my intention to leave Alamy.  I refuse to accept 20%/80% as a fair split.  It will be a shame, but it's no longer worth my while.

• Like 1

On 17/12/2021 at 19:57, Axon82 said:

If I don't meet the $250 deadline to qualify for 60%/40% by next July it is my intention to leave Alamy.  I refuse to accept 20%/80% as a fair split.  It will be a shame, but it's no longer worth my while.

You are voicing what a lot of others are thinking.

Allan

• Like 3

On 17/12/2021 at 13:57, Axon82 said:

My sales didn't go up until I had over 1100 photos up.  I'm not going to put all of them back up, but will resubmit every thing that did sell and anything that I think is one of my better photos, and try to do better if I'm able to get out to photograph in the future.   And since I can cut and paste captions and keywords from the spreadsheet I got before leaving, that part will be much simpler than in the past.  A little money is still money,  and my cameras all still work.   I could have just stopped working at contributing.  In retrospect, that would have made more sense.

• Love 1