Fungi I.D.

Alan Beastall

Question

15 answers to this question

Sorry to muddy the waters but I would say (looking in my book on fungi) colour does not look right for Shaggy Parasol.

Colouring is more akin to Parasol Mushroom (Macrolepiota procera) Creamy white/ nut brown.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell

3 hours ago, Alan Beastall said:

Thanks Allan, a difficult call. Both suggestion look very simular to the images. I can revisit the site in a few days to see how the toadstool as developed or try eating one. One type is edible and the other is not 🤮

I suppose if we don't hear from you again at least we will know which mushroom it was.........🙃

Hi Alan.

From my own book of fungi I tend to agree with Sharon, an immature Shaggy Parasol (macrolepiota rhacodes or lepiota rhacodes). The darker orange and red colours appear as it matures.

If you get back to the site check the stem. If it has alternating brown and white horizontal lines on it, it's a Parasol Mushroom (macrolepiota procera or lepiota procera). If not then it's the other.

Brian.

2 minutes ago, Alan Beastall said:

Well i'am still alive, Sharon was correct.

thanks all.

Alan

Omg Alan... you ate a mushroom that you weren`t sure of?... my Dad would have done the same...lol.. glad you`re still with us ;)

14 hours ago, Sharon said:

Omg Alan... you ate a mushroom that you weren`t sure of?... my Dad would have done the same...lol.. glad you`re still with us ;)

ARrrggggggg!

Allan

Pleased you got it sorted and appologies for making you work harder.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell

4 hours ago, Alan Beastall said:

No worries Allan, Alan

Wasn't there an entertainer called Alan Alan? Seems to ring a bell (ha ha) but can't place him.

Allan

On 23/10/2021 at 16:18, Allan Bell said:

Wasn't there an entertainer called Alan Alan? Seems to ring a bell (ha ha) but can't place him.

Allan

Found him. Following quote from Wikipedia.

"Alan Alan (born Alan Rabinowitz, 30 November 1926 – 4 July 2014) was a British escapologist and magician. He originated tricks that have subsequently become familiar features of the repertoire of other performers and he was honoured by The Magic Circle."

Allan