How do we submit VIDEO

Jon Lewis

Question

12 answers to this question

I'm pretty sure Alamy only provides video from Pond5, so you have to submit your video there.  Whether alamy carries all the Pond5 video, or selective videos, I don't know.  You could do some searches for video on Pond5 and then search the main keywords on alamy and see if every video comes up.

Jill

PS  I typed in the word "man" as a search term for footage in Pond5 and it came up with over 4 million.

In Alamy there are only 700,000 so they obviously don't take all the Pond5 video. When I just searched 4K, over 2 million on Pond5, 300,000 on Alamy.

Edited by Jill Morgan
Added search info

16 minutes ago, Jill Morgan said:

I'm pretty sure Alamy only provides video from Pond5, so you have to submit your video there.  Whether alamy carries all the Pond5 video, or selective videos, I don't know.  You could do some searches for video on Pond5 and then search the main keywords on alamy and see if every video comes up.

Jill

PS  I typed in the word "man" as a search term for footage in Pond5 and it came up with over 4 million.

In Alamy there are only 700,000 so they obviously don't take all the Pond5 video. When I just searched 4K, over 2 million on Pond5, 300,000 on Alamy.

My few clips that have landed here are ones that have been sitting around at P5 for a long time (several years in some cases) if that means anything.

You could get video on Alamy by submitting through Pond5. Be aware though that this looks like a distributor deal (Global Partner Partnership in Pond5 terms) so Alamy will take a cut before Pond5 pays you your 40% (if non-exclusive) of whatever is left. Pond5 haven't said anything about the Alamy deal specifically so I've no certainty about what proportion of any portfoilo will be available through Alamy. Submitting video through Pond5 has its own ups and downs, not least that it is a USA based agency and (as I've recently discovered) UK based Professional Indemnity insurance may not cover imagery licenced in the USA and CAnada unless specifically asked for. I would also say their submission procedure can be a bit heavy going at times, though inspection is usually quick and fair.Even so, if I had to choose one agency to represent my video, it would probably by Pond5.

4 hours ago, Jon Lewis said:

Thanks Ian

As normal font of all knowledge is there an Alamy section in pond 5 ?? for members to sign into??

Jon

What gets transferred to Alamy seems to be pot luck and the contributor has no control over it, although I'm sure there must be some underlying selection formula. I've found clips of mine which are both editorial and non-editorial, exclusive and non-exclusive. 

9 minutes ago, Joseph Clemson said:

What gets transferred to Alamy seems to be pot luck and the contributor has no control over it, although I'm sure there must be some underlying selection formula. I've found clips of mine which are both editorial and non-editorial, exclusive and non-exclusive. 

Mine are also a mix of editorial and commercial, non-exclusive, though.

22 minutes ago, Joseph Clemson said:

Is it possible that they are slowly moving the videos over and eventually will have the entire Pond5 video catalog?

Jill

49 minutes ago, Jill Morgan said:

Is it possible that they are slowly moving the videos over and eventually will have the entire Pond5 video catalog?

Jill

I did a test search yesterday morning similar to your's and it produces the same results today. It may be that the import is only part done, or it may be that it's selective in some way. I will keep looking to try and discover what is happening.

1 hour ago, Joseph Clemson said:

I did a test search yesterday morning similar to your's and it produces the same results today. It may be that the import is only part done, or it may be that it's selective in some way. I will keep looking to try and discover what is happening.

Perhaps they're transferring the oldest first, saving the latest for last. Who knows...