Has anybody received a QC email (pass or fail) at a peculiar time.

Allan Bell

Question

I was pleasantly surprised to receive a QC email saying my images had passed on a batch uploaded only 36 hours before. Pleased because I have been waiting up to three weeks for QC due to being a naughty boy and failing too many times.  But I am getting better.  OPPS! Should not have said that just after uploading another batch.

The time on the email was recorded at 02.12  Yes 12 minutes past 2 of the clock in the morning.

Is QC working overtime or am I being QC'd in India?

Allan

6 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

I was pleasantly surprised to receive a QC email saying my images had passed on a batch uploaded only 36 hours before. Pleased because I have been waiting up to three weeks for QC due to being a naughty boy and failing too many times.  But I am getting better.  OPPS! Should not have said that just after uploading another batch.

The time on the email was recorded at 02.12  Yes 12 minutes past 2 of the clock in the morning.

Is QC working overtime or am I being QC'd in India?

Allan

It happened before to receive the QC pass email 2-3 days after the actual pass. That's why I just check the AIM, usually the next day after the upload.

Recently I have the email EXACTLY at 4pm UK time.

...and it's in as I'm typing right now 🙂

• Like 1

The QC email has a mind of its own. Sometimes I get it immediately after passing, other times it comes days after and occasionally I've had one come out of the blue when I've not submitted anything for quite a long time.

Sorry to bring this thread up again BUT I have had another QC fail nearly 2 years after my last fail. Do not believe the image should have failed and asked Alamy to look at it again.

Yes some of the image is SoLD but the MAIN subject is Sharp. At least it is in my opinion.

I was hoping that I might have improved my QC status soon but it looks as if that is a false hope now.

Allan

Why not post the full size image somewhere like Dropbox and let us judge Allan? If Alamy are failing images that have the main subject sharp and the rest out of focus then that is not right. There was some talk of that a while back and some musing about the possibility that a robot was being used. As far as I know Alamy did not confirm or deny. It would be interesting to know.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MDM said:

Why not post the full size image somewhere like Dropbox and let us judge Allan? If Alamy are failing images that have the main subject sharp and the rest out of focus then that is not right. There was some talk of that a while back and some musing about the possibility that a robot was being used. As far as I know Alamy did not confirm or deny. It would be interesting to know.

I think if it was being done by "Robot" the results would be more or less instant. Error by human or computer is always possible I suppose but more likely with human scrutiny. Interesting to hear what Alamy say though Allan.

28 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

I think if it was being done by "Robot" the results would be more or less instant. Error by human or computer is always possible I suppose but more likely with human scrutiny. Interesting to hear what Alamy say though Allan.

Possibly but I am thinking of images which have the main subject sharp and the rest out of focus. A robot might just see the out of focus part and get it wrong. I guess it depends on how the robot is programmed. It would be interesting to see the image in any case.