Next 500

Betty LaRue

Question

1 minute ago, Harry Harrison said:

Not for me - Exclusive/non-Exclusive is there but not the equivalent for 'Editorial'.

Sorry. Getting confused. Blame it on my age.

Allan

7 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Betty your images stay where they are in your folders on your drive/s wherever they are.

All LR does is build a card file library which points LR to the file you want to work on in your folder and opens it in LR. The image file stays on your disc or whatever.

Allan

I understand all that, Allan. MDM explained it to me ages ago. He gave it up as a lost cause, 😂 so don’t you start! I don’t want to. Period. Thanks anyway. They don’t call me Betty Bullheaded 🐂 LaRue for nothing! We all have a workflow that works for us. I have mine, and I like it, it’s familiar. Every so often I see posts where someone is having trouble with the catalog, and at this stage of my life, I have enough troubles. Murphy lives in my house, slapping his Laws on me often enough.

3 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

I understand all that, Allan. MDM explained it to me ages ago. He gave it up as a lost cause, 😂 so don’t you start! I don’t want to. Period. Thanks anyway. They don’t call me Betty Bullheaded 🐂 LaRue for nothing! We all have a workflow that works for us. I have mine, and I like it, it’s familiar. Every so often I see posts where someone is having trouble with the catalog, and at this stage of my life, I have enough troubles. Murphy lives in my house, slapping his Laws on me often enough.

OK! OK!  I understand. Just to put you in the picture I have been using LR for years too and I have NEVER had a problem with the catalog. All I can think is they are doing something wrong.

Here come d'red arrows.

Love from Allan🥰

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Harrison said:

No, I was getting those two confused as well, clearly they both begin with 'E', it must be that, like 'Vaccine' and 'Virus', people do that all the time!

Yeh! We go to the surgery to have a virus injected to protect us from the virus.

Allan

3 hours ago, Harry Harrison said:

Not for me - Exclusive/non-Exclusive is there but not the equivalent for 'Editorial'.

i can get the "Editorial" equivalent by using the "Restricted Images"  as i don't really use other restrictions.  But not the negation, so i might just add editorial as a KW, and i'll have it after the next batch. 

2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

OK! OK!  I understand. Just to put you in the picture I have been using LR for years too and I have NEVER had a problem with the catalog. All I can think is they are doing something wrong.

Here come d'red arrows.

Love from Allan🥰

All I can think is they are doing something wrong.

That would be me.

It's fiddly and time-consuming but you can use pseudonyms. If you have hundreds/thousands of images you want to change at once, you can make up a new pseudonym and as you amend them, assign them to the new pseudo. That will immediately be reflected in searches in Image Manager and you can do the next 500, put them in the new pseudo, and so on. When you're finished, put them all back.

2 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

i can get the "Editorial" equivalent by using the "Restricted Images"  as i don't really use other restrictions.  But not the negation, so i might just add editorial as a KW, and i'll have it after the next batch. 

That sounds like a good idea, I use Filemaker a bit and when searching a database there is an 'Omit' check-box, quite handy, saves having two cases for every criteria. I'd love to have it in AIM, find all images that don't have a particular keyword etc. You can do compound searches as well, find all with 'A' that don't have 'B' etc. If it bothered me then I could easily turn the download csv into a straightforward Filemaker database to do this kind of thing. In fact if I used the Lightroom Bridge Alamy plugin I could find and update particular groups of images.

You've set me thinking....

8 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

That sounds like a good idea, I use Filemaker a bit and when searching a database there is an 'Omit' check-box, quite handy, saves having two cases for every criteria. I'd love to have it in AIM, find all images that don't have a particular keyword etc. You can do compound searches as well, find all with 'A' that don't have 'B' etc. If it bothered me then I could easily turn the download csv into a straightforward Filemaker database to do this kind of thing. In fact if I used the Lightroom Bridge Alamy plugin I could find and update particular groups of images.

You've set me thinking....

actually missing Keyword works in AIM.  I regularly do it to make sure I didn't miss US/UK spelling and variants.

Typing  "Colour -color "  will return all the ones i forgot the US spelling for example.  What is missing is the negative of the Checkbox, one i really want is one to highlight all the images i forgot to add the additional info. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1