Upload reportage

furundul

Question

Hi,

Forgive me for asking a question that has been asked many times.

Issue, upload reportage. Alamy stated that it was an additional route, but I could not find/solve it.

The reportage menu in the far right column on the upload page is closed to me. I accessed the reportage archive download page from dashbord and submitted the summary.

When I click on the dashboard, there is a "website or portfolio" box on the page that appears. what should be written here. (My photos are not available in any digital media. I mean, I don't have an accessible website or portfolio. I chose such a way because I was tired of unauthorized use.)

The subject of reportage is on seafarers, high seas voyagers. And it's hard to get a QC check. I wrote to contributor/sales @alamy, but nothing but standard long reply.

I would be glad if you consider that my native language is not English.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

• Like 1

10 answers to this question

Omer, you have to ask Alamy for access to reportage, as I think you have done. We have just had a national holiday in the UK so there may be a delay. Good luck.

Edited by Mr Standfast
Typing

15 hours ago, furundul said:

When I click on the dashboard, there is a "website or portfolio" box on the page that appears. what should be written here. (My photos are not available in any digital media. I mean, I don't have an accessible website or portfolio. I chose such a way because I was tired of unauthorized use.)

I haven't applied for Reportage access but I imagine they would like to see some pictures first so that box is there to provide a link. Maybe you could think of a way to show them low res versions, it doesn't have to be a public website. You could possibly use Dropbox for example and if you use Lightroom you might be able to use the 'Web' option to create a simple gallery of pictures.

Edit - or there's a Google Photos album, that might be easiest.

Edited by Harry Harrison

2 hours ago, Harry Harrison said:

I haven't applied for Reportage access but I imagine they would like to see some pictures first so that box is there to provide a link. Maybe you could think of a way to show them low res versions, it doesn't have to be a public website. You could possibly use Dropbox for example and if you use Lightroom you might be able to use the 'Web' option to create a simple gallery of pictures.

this was the request i got when i applied

"Thanks for your application to the reportage/archival route. Could you possibly provide us with some examples of your archival images for us to check? Email attachment/zip/dropbox link/wetransfer is fine."

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

this was the request i got when i applied

"Thanks for your application to the reportage/archival route. Could you possibly provide us with some examples of your archival images for us to check? Email attachment/zip/dropbox link/wetransfer is fine."

That's good, so furundal could just email some low res images to them.

5 hours ago, Mr Standfast said:

Omer, you have to ask Alamy for access to reportage, as I think you have done. We have just had a national holiday in the UK so there may be a delay. Good luck.

Thank you for information, 

5 hours ago, Harry Harrison said:

Thank you for advise. I think it isolved via dropbox

2 hours ago, Harry Harrison said:

That's good, so furundal could just email some low res images to them.

I seem to remember they wanted to see full size images a while back.

wim

1 hour ago, wiskerke said:

I seem to remember they wanted to see full size images a while back.

wim

I don't recall that but hopefully they will get back to the OP themselves before too long. They do only ask for a link to a web page or gallery on the application page, perhaps they ask for high res at the next stage.

1 hour ago, Vincent Lowe said:

This was the reply to an email I sent when I applied for Archival/Reportage access back in Nov 2019......

"Smaller versions will be suffice (sic) when sending them as examples in your application."

Thank you for clarifying!

wim