Delete greyed out

FOTOLINCS

Question

16 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Harry Harrison said:

Just to be clear, you're in Image Manager and looking at the 'Delete' option at the bottom of the 'Optional' tab? Have you selected your image?

Yes and yes.

27 minutes ago, FOTOLINCS said:

I am in Image manager and have selected an image but delete is greyed out.

I would close image manager (maybe even the Alamy site) and start again. Maybe just a gremlin in the works.

John.

8 hours ago, FOTOLINCS said:

I am in Image manager and have selected an image but delete is greyed out.

It sounds like you were doing exactly what Alamy says. I am confused.

Paulette

Maybe Alamy repaired FOTOLINCS dashboard before they told him what to do?

Allan

(Another Lincolnshire Photologist.)

ITMA

Here ya go NYCat.  Go into Alamy Image Manager, select pic's you want to delete, (delete selected will still be greyed out (that was my problem too) but now flip over to OPTIONAL menu where you add your date/location etc and if you click the delete icon bottom right, all your selected pics will vanish. 

52 minutes ago, FOTOLINCS said:

Here ya go NYCat.  Go into Alamy Image Manager, select pic's you want to delete, (delete selected will still be greyed out (that was my problem too) but now flip over to OPTIONAL menu where you add your date/location etc and if you click the delete icon bottom right, all your selected pics will vanish. 

But Colin, there is only a possibility to delete pictures once you've selected an image and gone to the Optional menu. You won't see a delete button otherwise, greyed out or not.

Or were you getting confused about the 'delete selected' button under the Tags (keywords) section?? That's for ...ahem deleting keywords. Sorry, shouldn't laugh, but it's Fri night 🙃

Edited by Steve F

23 minutes ago, Steve F said:

But Colin, there is only a possibility to delete pictures once you've selected an image and gone to the Optional menu. You won't see a delete button otherwise, greyed out or not.

Or were you getting confused about the 'delete selected' button under the Tags (keywords) section?? That's for ...ahem deleting keywords. Sorry, shouldn't laugh, but it's Fri night 🙃

??? You are right of course Steve, I should have given it its correct name "Delete Selected" but I thought this meant select the images to delete and then, not unreasonably, click "delete Selected" as it says on the tin so to speak ...ahem!   

Alamy cleared it up and so it's ..,Go into Alamy Image Manager, select pic's you want to delete, (delete selected will still be greyed out but now flip over to OPTIONAL menu where you add your date/location etc and if you click the delete icon bottom right, all your selected pics will vanish.   HOWEVER... what would you think a button did that was named "Delete Selected"? 😏

2 minutes ago, FOTOLINCS said:

??? You are right of course Steve, I should have given it its correct name "Delete Selected" but I thought this meant select the images to delete and then, not unreasonably, click "delete Selected" as it says on the tin so to speak ...ahem!   

Alamy cleared it up and so it's ..,Go into Alamy Image Manager, select pic's you want to delete, (delete selected will still be greyed out but now flip over to OPTIONAL menu where you add your date/location etc and if you click the delete icon bottom right, all your selected pics will vanish.   HOWEVER... what would you think a button did that was named "Delete Selected"? 😏

Glad it's sorted! I am of course biased because I've been using the system for years and I can't remember how I found it initially. But we've all been there at some point... 😄

2 hours ago, FOTOLINCS said:

Aha! I've always had problems with our current Image Manager and when they gave us those little extra buttons for the tags I just ignored them. I guess I always assume I will have problems with it. It doesn't like me and I don't like it. Each new Image Manager we have been given is worse than the one we had. That is MY opinion.

Paulette