Jump to content

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Thanks. That’s what I wasn’t understanding...he was downloading from the camera, and the way was through a “downloader”. I’ve never downloaded from the camera. Always did it through a card reader. Sometimes I forget there’s more than one way to skin a cat.
Meaning no disrespect to the kitties.

 

Yes, fortunately there are many ways to download photos so all is not lost.  I don't download from the camera, I use a card reader for my XQD cards (the card that the Nikon D850 uses...or an SD but the XQD is much better).  When I insert the card into the reader, my PC would automatically bring up Adobe Downloader and away I would go....super easy! Or so is was 😒

 

Going to try some other tricks today to see if I can solve this.  Otherwise I will devise a new workflow.  Not the end of the world.

 

And thanks Wim for all your technical advice....much of it is out of my comfort zone but I admire your computer acumen.  I may call my son's friend who installed the SSD and setup windows on it, to see if he can explore some of these possibilities.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

 

Yes, fortunately there are many ways to download photos so all is not lost.  I don't download from the camera, I use a card reader for my XQD cards (the card that the Nikon D850 uses...or an SD but the XQD is much better).  When I insert the card into the reader, my PC would automatically bring up Adobe Downloader and away I would go....super easy! Or so is was 😒

 

Going to try some other tricks today to see if I can solve this.  Otherwise I will devise a new workflow.  Not the end of the world.

 

And thanks Wim for all your technical advice....much of it is out of my comfort zone but I admire your computer acumen.  I may call my son's friend who installed the SSD and setup windows on it, to see if he can explore some of these possibilities.

 

Exactly what I do (Nikon D4 and D500).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

 

Yes, fortunately there are many ways to download photos so all is not lost.  I don't download from the camera, I use a card reader for my XQD cards (the card that the Nikon D850 uses...or an SD but the XQD is much better).  When I insert the card into the reader, my PC would automatically bring up Adobe Downloader and away I would go....super easy! Or so is was 😒

 

Going to try some other tricks today to see if I can solve this.  Otherwise I will devise a new workflow.  Not the end of the world.

 

And thanks Wim for all your technical advice....much of it is out of my comfort zone but I admire your computer acumen.  I may call my son's friend who installed the SSD and setup windows on it, to see if he can explore some of these possibilities.

 

Definitely don't get stressed about changing your workflow if you can't figure it out as the differences are extremely minor. You just open the folder into which you have copied the images and use the Tools Menu in Bridge. It is very easy to create a new template in Bridge and it is also very easy to rename files in Bridge so all you are really changing is the timing of when you apply the changes. You can save a renaming preset as well which can be reused.

Edited by MDM
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MDM said:

 

Definitely don't get stressed about changing your workflow if you can't figure it out as the differences are extremely minor. You just open the folder into which you have copied the images and use the Tools Menu in Bridge. It is very easy to create a new template in Bridge and it is also very easy to rename files in Bridge so all you are really changing is the timing of when you apply the changes. You can save a renaming preset as well which can be reused.

 

Agree, thanks Michael.  I have done it with the method you are suggesting.  It's comparable to having an old and familiar way home and suddenly a short cut you take is now a One Way road, going the wrong way.  There are definitely work arounds and who knows I may find a route that is even better!   I just tried to download an older version of Bridge but no deal, Adobe would recognize that I Bridge CC and just point me to that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:


Just spent close to an hour with an Adobe tech support guy in India and he had no clue....could not solve the problem.  The Adobe help forum was worthless.  Yes, Michael and Betty I may have to rework my workflow and get used to a new method.  Just frustrating that I have been doing it this way for many years, since whenever they first introduced Bridge.   Oh well, nothing is forever.

Michael,

 

I am one of those "knuckle-draggers" who is still working on a PC.... 

 

That hour you spent, are you sure it was with a Tech from Adobe?

 

Over the years I had problems with CC, usually LightRoom (LR) and I've called Adobe and they have always fixed my problem, I did need to give them remote access to my machine.

Be careful there are services linking on the web that claim to be Adobe but they are not and halfway through working on the problem they will ask you to pay money for the fix. 

I also do not know if Adobe TELEPHONE support is available outside the U.S., but I assume that it is? 

 

Just to add; there is a lot of false information out there about working and maintaining PS and LR and Adobe TELEPHONE support is very good at giving accurate information for the system you are working with.

 

The way I usually access TELEPHONE support is via the help tab in CC and I remember that it takes me a while.

 

Good Luck

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chuck Nacke said:

Michael,

 

I am one of those "knuckle-draggers" who is still working on a PC.... 

 

That hour you spent, are you sure it was with a Tech from Adobe?

 

Over the years I had problems with CC, usually LightRoom (LR) and I've called Adobe and they have always fixed my problem, I did need to give them remote access to my machine.

Be careful there are services linking on the web that claim to be Adobe but they are not and halfway through working on the problem they will ask you to pay money for the fix. 

I also do not know if Adobe TELEPHONE support is available outside the U.S., but I assume that it is? 

 

Just to add; there is a lot of false information out there about working and maintaining PS and LR and Adobe TELEPHONE support is very good at giving accurate information for the system you are working with.

 

The way I usually access TELEPHONE support is via the help tab in CC and I remember that it takes me a while.

 

Good Luck

 

Yes, got the number off the official Adobe site.  He never asked or tried to do remote access with my PC.   I am an unabashed lifelong user of PCs.  That is no slight to Mac users, I just feel that I can doing anything on a PC that one can do on a Mac and for much less money for the hardware.  There was a time when PCs were much more vulnerable to malware and viruses but I think that changed for the better. I may try Adobe one more time today and see if another tech is more helpful.  Not looking for a Mac vs PC debate....whatever works for you is what is best for you.  I do love my iPad and iPhone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay good news (for me at least)! I called Adobe again and this time the tech support guy solved my problem in just a few minutes (still was speaking a guy in India, not in the U.S.).  The solution was to install the 2019 version of Bridge...something that I could not do through the Creative Cloud interface.  So he sent me a zip link for it and it installed and worked perfectly right away.  So the culprit was that the 2021 version has, for some stupid reason, stopped the program from automatically saving your last settings.  When I suggested that they fix it, he just laughed....like yeah right.  At least I can now use both versions if there are new tools that I want use in the 2021 version.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Okay good news (for me at least)! I called Adobe again and this time the tech support guy solved my problem in just a few minutes (still was speaking a guy in India, not in the U.S.).  The solution was to install the 2019 version of Bridge...something that I could not do through the Creative Cloud interface.  So he sent me a zip link for it and it installed and worked perfectly right away.  So the culprit was that the 2021 version has, for some stupid reason, stopped the program from automatically saving your last settings.  When I suggested that they fix it, he just laughed....like yeah right.  At least I can now use both versions if there are new tools that I want use in the 2021 version.

Good to know you got it sorted Michael and also the workaround they gave you. I think I remember when Big Sur arrived Adobe hadn't updated CC and it wouldn't save Tiffs or a similar problem - these things are certainly sent to try us !

 

Carol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Okay good news (for me at least)! I called Adobe again and this time the tech support guy solved my problem in just a few minutes (still was speaking a guy in India, not in the U.S.).  The solution was to install the 2019 version of Bridge...something that I could not do through the Creative Cloud interface.  So he sent me a zip link for it and it installed and worked perfectly right away.  So the culprit was that the 2021 version has, for some stupid reason, stopped the program from automatically saving your last settings.  When I suggested that they fix it, he just laughed....like yeah right.  At least I can now use both versions if there are new tools that I want use in the 2021 version.

Michael,

 

When it comes to "customer service or Tech support" in the new millennium Persistence is the key,  Having hours to waste on hold listening to awful music also helps.

I am surprised, Adobe has always wanted remote access to my machine.

 

Sorry about the knuckle-dragger comment, was meant to be a joke....

 

Best,

 

Chuck

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.