This is insulting

Ilanphoto

Question

5 minutes ago, MizBrown said:

Part of the Anglo world.  Everyone speaks English there, don't they?   And you've got the critters that require serious airline travel for the rest of us to photograph.   But half the world's population lives in Asia:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valeriepieris_circle

Yeah, that's one of the problems. Australia population is only 25.7 millions. It's a very small market. 

I still have my images set to Rights Managed and I opted out of Novel Use after a few tiny sales. Considering I haven't uploaded images in the past few years, I'm still selling - not much but still.

Stock is something I do because I take a LOT of travel and lifestyle images when I'm out and about and sell editorial. But my camera gear is mostly used for fine art - and I don't care if it pays for itself. 

18 hours ago, gvallee said:

Yeah, that's one of the problems. Australia population is only 25.7 millions. It's a very small market. 

I think some photos of people will be more or less useful in terms of how they represent a larger demographic.   A blond Australian dentist at work could be a blond America or English or German or Swedish dentist at work absent the logos on the equipment.   A Latin American dentist at work might be more appealing to the Latin American or Middle Eastern democraphics.  (I have a Latin American dentist next door, my landlord's son, and haven't photographed him yet).

Latin America is larger than the population of Anglo America, just not as prosperous and not all Spanish-speaking.

44 minutes ago, MizBrown said:

I think some photos of people will be more or less useful in terms of how they represent a larger demographic.   A blond Australian dentist at work could be a blond America or English or German or Swedish dentist at work absent the logos on the equipment.   A Latin American dentist at work might be more appealing to the Latin American or Middle Eastern democraphics.  (I have a Latin American dentist next door, my landlord's son, and haven't photographed him yet).

Latin America is larger than the population of Anglo America, just not as prosperous and not all Spanish-speaking.

I'm not sure that there is an "Anglo America" any longer, except in pockets of so-called "Middle America." Take a short walk down the street in Vancouver, and in most other large Canadian cities, and you will likely hear at least a half-dozen languages being spoken. Parts of Metro Vancouver are basically suburbs of Hong Kong, Beijing, and New Delhi. Toronto is said to be the most multi-ethnic city in the world. Montreal, although officially French-speaking, is also very linguistically diverse.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

I'm not sure that there is an "Anglo America" any longer, except in pockets of so-called "Middle America." Take a short walk down the street in Vancouver, and in most other large Canadian cities, and you will likely hear at least a half-dozen languages being spoken. Parts of Metro Vancouver are basically suburbs of Hong Kong, Beijing, and New Delhi. Toronto is said to be the most multi-ethnic city in the world. Montreal, although officially French-speaking, is also very linguistically diverse.

Nicaraguans seem to like Canada more than the US, too. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MizBrown said:

Nicaraguans seem to like Canada more than the US, too. 

Yes, well, I guess there is a historical reason for that. I have met quite a few Nicaraguans here. I've always been fond of Nicaragua.

• Love 1