Current Balance uncorrect! Can you help me?

Lukefotografo

Question

I have a problem. My Current Cleared Balance:  has been on hold since last year, not updated despite making some sales. You can check because from my calculations I should receive the payment having exceeded the minimum threshold.
Luca Ponti

10 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Lukefotografo said:
 I have a problem. My Current Cleared Balance:  has been on hold since last year, not updated despite making some sales. You can check because from my calculations I should receive the payment having exceeded the minimum threshold.
Luca Ponti

Is your current cleared balance under $50? If so, you won't get paid until it is $50 or above.

If you have made sales, the customers might not have paid Alamy and they have to pay them before we get our share.

John.

15 hours ago, Lukefotografo said:
Luca Ponti

Cleared Balance only change when the payment has cleared.  Are you saying you have sales that show as "cleared" in your sales report but have not been reflected in your Cleared Balance?

I have never heard of an incorrect cleared balance. You can see the details of each sale in the 'Balance of Accounts' tab of your dashboard.

It shows which have cleared and which have not.

I'm also not sure what you mean by 'the count is not updated by three sales'. Which count? Do you mean you are aware of 3 sales which have not been reported in 'Sales History'?

Thanks for the answer but I really struggle to understand how your system works. I am in the recent sales column on the right which indicates amounts while the Current Cleared Balance always remains stationary. Only yesterday, after months that it was still, it increased by an amount that I do not understand, different from those indicated in the recent sales. My fault is that I do not understand.

Yesterday, if Alamy had received a payment from the client that bought your image, then your cleared balance would go up.

If you sold an image for $10, that would show on the sales column as $10. The client yesterday paid Alamy $10. Alamy would take their 50% commission (if image exclusive to Alamy) and they would  pay you 50%, so your cleared balance would go up by $5. That is why you don't recognise the amount shown on your cleared balance because you didn't sell an image for $5.

Sales do not necessarily clear in the same order they are made. They only clear when the client settles their credit account with Alamy. If a sale occurs near the end of a credit cycle it will clear quickly, but if it is at the beginning of a cycle it will take months to clear. If a client goes into administration, Alamy becomes a creditor and has to negotiate for part of the debt according to bankruptcy regulations, which can take a year or more.

3 hours ago, Lukefotografo said:
Thanks for the answer but I really struggle to understand how your system works. I am in the recent sales column on the right which indicates amounts while the Current Cleared Balance always remains stationary. Only yesterday, after months that it was still, it increased by an amount that I do not understand, different from those indicated in the recent sales. My fault is that I do not understand.

I suggest you go to your Dashboard and to Account balance. At the top select "All" for the time period. First there will be a summary and then each sale listed with the price and commissions to Alamy and any distributors. It will say Cleared or Uncleared or it will give the date it was paid to you. It's a good idea to click on each section of your Dashboard and to learn what information is available to us.

Paulette

• Love 1

20 hours ago, kay said:

That's actually much more useful than my suggestion as all the info you're looking for  is in the one place :)👍

And that's what I suggested 7 posts ago... Still, no reply to my questions from the OP. Why bother to try and help. Over and out.

• Love 1
  • Like 2