Transfer from Rex

I have a large library of show business material, exclusive studio with The Who, Rod Stewart, actors, actresses etc. It's currently with rex but I want to take my stuff from them and put it exclusively with Alamy. Naturally Rex have all the original transparencies now digitized, of course.

Anyone done this? What's the procedure? 

I got some originals back from them about a year before they were taken over by sh!!!!!stock by emailing my then contact asking to close my account and instructing them to send all my trannies by mail which they did.

I cannot imagine it would be so easy now, but you could start by sending them a mail saying this is what you want and then follow up depending on response, or, lack of!

HTH

Phil

2 hours ago, Phil Crean said:

I got some originals back from them about a year before they were taken over by sh!!!!!stock by emailing my then contact asking to close my account and instructing them to send all my trannies by mail which they did.

I cannot imagine it would be so easy now, but you could start by sending them a mail saying this is what you want and then follow up depending on response, or, lack of!

HTH

Phil

HTH?  Oh!  Hit Them Hard.

Allan

• Love 1

23 hours ago, Doc said:

I wonder if it's something Alamy themselves could advise you about - I would have thought they would be keen to help?!

Kumar

Like everyone else these days, they seem to want you to use the automated systems. 

23 hours ago, Robert M Estall said:

Good luck recovering your originals from Rex! They are not what they were

They certainly aren't. Material that was fetching £250 fees a coupe of years ago they are now letting go for £3. They don't seem to know the difference in value between a stock shot of a street from a studio shot of Rod Stewart. It's all just a pattern of pixels on a screen to them. I started out as a contributor in 1977 when Frank Selby and a great, knowledgeable and friendly staff were there. Now the creatives are at the bottom of the heap.

7 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

Material that was fetching £250 fees a coupe of years ago they are now letting go for £3. They don't seem to know the difference in value between a stock shot of a street from a studio shot of Rod Stewart.

Alamy is not much different in that respect. Prices have certainly come down by a factor of 10 in some categories over the last 5 years or so.

Lemmy has been on Alamy for some time so will have a fair idea of prices achieved here. When you have a long history of £250 fees, it's hard to accept really low fees but it's often quite a bit better than that. But I would get away from Rex as a matter of principle anyway.