Fuji 50-140

I've just bought a s/h Fuji 50-140 and I'd like to ask other owners a question..

I can hear a wooshing noise which I assumed was the OIS but I still hear the same sound when I switch the OIS off - is yours the same ? I did read that IOS is never really 'off', it's just in

a different mode, so maybe that explains it.

Geoff

Hello Geoff,

My example is the same.

For camera queries I think the camera forums are a sound place to pose this sort of query.

https://www.fujix-forum.com/

https://www.dpreview.com/search/forums?query=50 -140 sound&forum=1020

However I found zilch!

James

Not uncommon for OIS lenses to make noise even when off. My copy of the FUJIFILM XF 50-140mm f/2.8 is packed away and out of reach so I can't confirm I get the same sound but as long as the images are good I would not worry about it.

Hope this helps,

David L. Moore

Yeah, mine is noisy. Ignore it. I don’t even notice it anymore. You’re going to like this lens. I see you do travel/landscapes, but this lens also is special with people. I like the separation I get with it.

This image was taken some distance away from the people. The closer I would have gotten, the more oof the background would have been. I’ve always felt this lens has fairy dust, along with the 56 1.2.

a-hispanic-father-and-small-daughter-sit

Edited by Betty LaRue

52 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Yeah, mine is noisy. Ignore it. I don’t even notice it anymore. You’re going to like this lens. I see you do travel/landscapes, but this lens also is special with people. I like the separation I get with it.

This image was taken some distance away from the people. The closer I would have gotten, the more oof the background would have been. I’ve always felt this lens has fairy dust, along with the 56 1.2.

nice,

repeat to yourself: i do not need a new lens, i do not need a new lens, i do not need a new lens

one of my biggest pandemic problem, is as i am no longer moving every few weeks, i've allowed my gear to expand....  

56 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

nice,

repeat to yourself: i do not need a new lens, i do not need a new lens, i do not need a new lens

one of my biggest pandemic problem, is as i am no longer moving every few weeks, i've allowed my gear to expand....  

:lol:

33 minutes ago, Mr Standfast said:

I respectfully disagree!

lol....  my issue is i'm not sure my nomadic days are over yet, so the 100-400 was extravagant weight wise....   but totally worth it mentally....  

(of course didn't stop me from getting one of the Viltrox fast prime on sale this week... 😁 )

On 04/12/2020 at 19:51, Betty LaRue said:

Betty, it was your use of the phrase "fairy dust" when discussing this lens a few years ago that made me want one !

I was a bit concerned about the noise because I've just had to return a s/h one for a refund as it arrived having fairly serious damage.

The concensus is, as you say, that the noise is standard.

I've taken it out once and it's already produced some of the most pleasing images I've had for a while. Fairy dust ! 

10 minutes ago, geoff s said:

Betty, it was your use of the phrase "fairy dust" when discussing this lens a few years ago that made me want one !

I was a bit concerned about the noise because I've just had to return a s/h one for a refund as it arrived having fairly serious damage.

The concensus is, as you say, that the noise is standard.

I've taken it out once and it's already produced some of the most pleasing images I've had for a while. Fairy dust ! 

need to stop reading this thread, need to stop reading this thread, need to stop reading this thread.....

• Like 1