The TOP 100 sights and attractions in Germany

Yes, thank you, Colin. It's very nice of you to provide the list to others. In film days, I used to use the DK Top 10 Guides . . . less ambitious, but very useful. I'm amazed at how many things on the top 100 I've actually photographed. So there's little truth to the story that I spent all my time getting ready for the Oktoberfest.

I'm amazed at how many things on the top 100 I've actually photographed.

Yes, I've photographed most of them too - at any rate the ones that are in what was formerly West Germany.

Very interesting. Couldn't find my favourite, Rothenburg ob der Tauber.

It's at No. 14. I'm surprised Celle wasn't on the list though.

Alan

I'm amazed at how many things on the top 100 I've actually photographed.

Yes, I've photographed most of them too - at any rate the ones that are in what was formerly West Germany.

>Very interesting. Couldn't find my favourite, Rothenburg ob der Tauber.

It's at No. 14. I'm surprised Celle wasn't on the list though.

Alan

Not "most" for me, Alan, just more than I had thought. In fact a lot of those landmarks were not yet there the last time I was in Germany in the early 80s. 

The first time I was in Berlin I was surprised to find a charming city with many parks and lots of greenery. My expectations were based on the Berlin of Hollywood, on films like The Third Man and others about the Cold War, with dark alleys and spies following spies. 

Not "most" for me, Alan, just more than I had thought. In fact a lot of those landmarks were not yet there the last time I was in Germany in the early 80s. 

I was all over Germany in the early 80s so we probably passed one another without knowing it!

Alan

Archived