No sales!

BuddyL

Question

Hi all

I started to add to my folio earlier this year so I only have 96 images online.

I realise now some of my earlier images were probably unsellable so I've gradually been changing the content of my submissions but I currently have `0` sales!

Anybody have advice please on how you get that elusive first sale?

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Aggers said:

You mention adding locations into the keywording but is this necessary if the location details are added to the Options/Locations box?  I have always assumed that a search for location would be covered if added here?

No, that location in Optional is not searchable. You should put it in your caption and/or keywords.

Paulette

1 hour ago, Aggers said:

You mention adding locations into the keywording but is this necessary if the location details are added to the Options/Locations box?  I have always assumed that a search for location would be covered if added here?

location box is not searchable, nor is more information. Put the location in tags/keywords if you want it to be searchable. 

Edited by Cal
NYCat beat me to it

32 minutes ago, Cal said:

location box is not searchable, nor is more information. Put the location in tags/keywords if you want it to be searchable. 

But Google will find it. Just like Google will find info that's in the Additional info field.

wim

• Love 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Usually this is the responsibility of the publisher, not the photographer. It doesn't apply in the UK where the OP is from.

it is based on where images are taken,yif we are one day allowed to cross borders again,  not where the photographer is from.  And it is still responsibility of the photographer to abide by laws and regulations are the land.

Edited by meanderingemu

10 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

it is based on where images are taken,yif we are one day allowed to cross borders again,  not where the photographer is from.  And it is still responsibility of the photographer to abide by laws and regulations are the land.

I said it doesn't apply "in" the UK, which is correct.  OP's pix seem to be from the UK.

I said "usually"- the restrictions usually apply to publication, not origination.