Location longshots

geogphotos

Somebody might recognise this unusual building. I think that you either know it or you don't with this one. And I have a couple more.

I0000bq.X.htcB30.jpg

It looks like a couple of garden sheds put on the roof of the closest building and something like a library, town hall, or church next door. 

46 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

I00002yIPU5t2U6g.jpg

I0000.npH2nwLDaM.jpg

I0000UNQ497dM.nY.jpg

Perhaps I'm scraping the barrel now. 

Ah! The good old days before c19.

At least it seems that long.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell

…given that your first pic was expertly spotted by Mr Standfast as a scene in Edinburgh; I wondered if the other two might be in the same city.

In the picture with a couple walking away in the foreground, I reckon there might be the profile of a castle on the horizon; which might place the scene somewhere in Edinburgh Old Town, maybe on the Royal Mile.

You would need someone who knows Edinburgh better than I do to confirm the idea; or possibly Edinburgh tourist board or Museum (?)

GD

2 hours ago, geogphotos said:

That woman with the straw hat looks back to front 😀

Prominent shoulder blades due to holding hands behind back.

I just realised you were jesting.😞

Allan

Edinburgh looks very plausible. The man next to straw hat lady could be wearing a tartan cap.

Possibly celebrations for the end of the Boer war in 1902? The same as the other one perhaps?

I think I'll go for that and mention that it is 'possibly'.

I really don't know where pictures 2 and 3 are.

A pleasant half hour on street view wandering around Edinburgh again has reminded me that the architecture is often tall and regular, not so apparent here.

The chap on the bike looks like he is in so many British market towns,  could be anywhere.

Good luck with these 2!

😜

3 hours ago, Mr Standfast said:

I really don't know where pictures 2 and 3 are.

A pleasant half hour on street view wandering around Edinburgh again has reminded me that the architecture is often tall and regular, not so apparent here.

The chap on the bike looks like he is in so many British market towns,  could be anywhere.

Good luck with these 2!

😜

Yes I agree. I've decided to just say 'British city' and some form of 'patriotic/royal event'. 

Edited by geogphotos

• 2 weeks later...

The first one is definitely John Knox House in Edinburgh. The second, is probably not Castle Hill in Edinburgh. I thought perhaps it was the Camera Obscura in the background rather than the castle itself but it is on the wrong side of the road. Also if it was Castle Hill there is a disused church on the corner where the bend in the road is. It looks like "normal" buildings there!

As for no 3, sorry no idea!

I know Edinburgh fairly well as I was born and brought up there.

David