I havent sold any picture since FEBRUARY

LuisMolinaPhoto

Question

Has anyone else experienced that? Before this, I would normally sell one or two pictures a moth, but now I havent sold anything since the past february. I wonder if it is that people are only buying coronavirus related images or if there is something I am missing...

12 answers to this question

My last (decent) photo sale was in April. Since then, my photos were sold for $3 each (about one/ month). I have opted out 'Novel Use' (NU) having read on the Forum that this will result in these ridiculous sales, and even though I opted out in April, I'm still getting these 3-dollar sales... I'm baffled! 

(Also, just to mention, only 15% of my photos are RF, so 85% are RM and ALL are exclusive to Alamy) 

On 29/07/2020 at 15:06, LuisMolinaPhoto said:

Has anyone else experienced that? Before this, I would normally sell one or two pictures a moth, but now I havent sold anything since the past february. I wonder if it is that people are only buying coronavirus related images or if there is something I am missing...

Luis,

I only viewed the first page of the images you have on Alamy and my first response is that while you have

a lot of "Keyword" information, you have almost no caption information?

I would say that the number of licenses of my images has gone up, a small amount during the "Pandemic." 

With current events and the change over at Alamy, the fees for licenses have gone down to a level that really concerns me. 

To add, I have been producing new material, but my file images continue to license most often.

Chuck

In my opinion many of these images should not have been submitted through the Archive route. 

ie) pictures of pitta bread, a parrot, pieces of meat, a tray of eggs,  plus many others.

They are not historical and they are not reportage. 

Edited by geogphotos
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Chuck Nacke said:

Luis,

I only viewed the first page of the images you have on Alamy and my first response is that while you have

a lot of "Keyword" information, you have almost no caption information?

I noticed the same thing. The photography is bang on - really nailed some of the concepts - but the captioning is all over the place. The person lifting the barbell has the simple caption "all-focus" - what does that even mean?!

• Love 1

Hi. I recently wrote a post asking for opinions and criticism for my portfolio, of 1300 photographs but with only 1 sale. But from what I'm reading I see that it's almost normal. Maybe Alamy focuses on more editorial photography?
Regards!

Vicente, you never know. Your sports and health photos would work beautifully for many editorial customers, I can't imagine a newspaper or magazine that wouldn't need one of them fairly often. Medical care and exercise both are in the news pretty often. 

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, Brian Yarvin said:

Vicente, you never know. Your sports and health photos would work beautifully for many editorial customers, I can't imagine a newspaper or magazine that wouldn't need one of them fairly often. Medical care and exercise both are in the news pretty often. 

Indeed, it appears to be so, but I have no sales here, at least for now. Maybe I should give myself more time. Thank you very much Brian!

• Like 1