I finally sell a picture.

Itsold for $3  (Editorial website and app multiple use, in perpetuity)

I find that unacceptably low. 

Is $3 what I can typically expect or does that sound really low to everyone else?

Had exactly the same here. Our share of that makes things even worse - and "in perpetuity"! Add to that the increasingly heavy discounts for personal use and I'm starting to wonder whether the effort is worth my while any longer.

19 hours ago, wryanw said:

I finally sell a picture.

Itsold for $3  (Editorial website and app multiple use, in perpetuity)

I find that unacceptably low. 

Is $3 what I can typically expect or does that sound really low to everyone else?

Sadly, these low prices are just part of the business these days. 

Whether stock is worth it - who knows?

Edited by geogphotos

Yes, these little tiddler sales can be very annoying and discouraging but there are some good sales over $100 sales out there as well.  I had a $1 sale the other day....my lowest ever.  It was an "Academic Faculty Pack" sale.  I got 40 cents.  But also I have had a couple $100+ sales this month too!

Edited by Michael Ventura

My last two were $2.08 and through a distributor. However I also had a recent $115 and an (admittedly rare) $400. It's a mix and I do hate the tiny ones. Yours may be found on theculturetrip.com. They have the app in perpetuity in their sales. When they were in Novel Use they only paid $1.25.

Paulette

After about 17 years contributing to Alamy, fees for licenses have become a major problem, in my opinion.

I've been in the agency / library business for decades and in every respect Alamy has been the

best agency / library I've worked with or contributed to, but recently I have been seeing Alamy

licensing images for far too little money.  Keep in mind that I am talking about images that can

not be found anywhere else or that are historically important.

Besides licensing fees, I also think that Alamy's terms of license are not strict enough, I.E. they

are allowing images to be published or posted on URL's without proper credit.

This is an issue that has been on my mind for months and I have communicated with Alamy about this, but

the current state of the world means that it will have to wait.  Right now, again in my opinion, is not the time

to be dealing with fees and licenses.

Chuck

alamy also allows "buyers" to download full size images to use that doesn't really match the price.  also they rely on an honor system of buyers and distributors reporting usage after they download images, sometimes they don't and it becomes your job to find where your images have been used and sometimes have to chase them.   there are a lot of unwatermarked images on this blog site or whatever you want to call it.   https://rumahmigran.com/2019/12/05/punya-sepeda-brompton-terbaru-explore-edition-sahabat-migran-siapkah-bertualang/   alamy declines to chase after them because it's not located in a region where they can go chase them.

I had one of those

5 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Yes, these little tiddler sales can be very annoying and discouraging but there are some good sales over $100 sales out there as well.  I had a $1 sale the other day....my lowest ever.  It was an "Academic Faculty Pack" sale.  I got 40 cents.  But also I have had a couple $100+ sales this month too!

What the heck is an "Academic Faculty Pack"?  It sounds like a euphemism of some kind. Was it NU?

29 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

New to me too John.  No idea   Not in the NU scheme.

All I can think of is that it's a collection of images that can be used by everyone teaching in the same faculty. It certainly sounds like a novel use license if memory serves. I opted out of NU quite  a few years ago.