Anybody know this camera?

Its a camera minutera as used by street portrait photographers. They shot a paper neg, developed it inside the box, then flipped up the arm on the front and photographed the neg to make a positive which again was developed inside the box. Most of the cameras are homemade.

I know a guy who still does this here in Tenerife, and there are quiet a few in Spain and also South America. 

Phil

• Love 2

13 minutes ago, Phil Crean said:

Its a camera minutera as used by street portrait photographers

Wow, top marks, always wondered how those worked, here's someone who's made his own in Hampshire, UK

http://oldphotoprocess.blogspot.com/2017/03/kamra-e-faoree-building-afghan-box.html

• Love 1

Many thanks Phil.

This is from Kos early 1970s. The picture is in a children's playground, and there is a person sitting to the left with some sort of screen draped between two trees to create a background. 

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

Wow, top marks, always wondered how those worked, here's someone who's made his own in Hampshire, UK

http://oldphotoprocess.blogspot.com/2017/03/kamra-e-faoree-building-afghan-box.html

Thanks for the link Harry. Interesting. We have it so easy! 

Edited by geogphotos

8 minutes ago, Phil Crean said:

Indeed.... And I got both the neg & the positive, have them framed together...

Phil

I guess "never sell your negs" doesn't apply when your customer is out of the country on the next flight.

That said, I did sell some once, 16 years after the session, for £280. They even got the transproofs.

That was my last portrait sale.

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...