Reporting undeclared use during lockdown?

I have just emailed contributors @ alamy regards an undeclared use and a couple of licence issues through live news back in December - having given it the four months.  I got an auto response about "may not be able to respond to email due to corona".

Is there a different email I should be trying or is it just wait however long it takes to get back to some sort of normality and email the problem again?

3 minutes ago, Starsphinx said:

I have just emailed contributors @ alamy regards an undeclared use and a couple of licence issues through live news back in December - having given it the four months.  I got an auto response about "may not be able to respond to email due to corona".

Is there a different email I should be trying or is it just wait however long it takes to get back to some sort of normality and email the problem again?

I think that it's most likely to be the second option, I'm afraid.  I've now been waiting about a month or more regarding several issues, including some that I want to follow up myself, but am unable to until I get clearance from Alamy.  It's a PITA, but not a lot you can do unless - someone knows better??? :)  I can't remember exactly what, but I know that there have been some who have been able to communicate with Alamy and have posted about it here on the forum.  Unfortunately, issues such as undeclared uses/incorrect licenses (PU/presentation abuse, etc.) always seemed to have taken a back seat - now even more so.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, losdemas said:

I think that it's most likely to be the second option, I'm afraid.  I've now been waiting about a month or more regarding several issues, including some that I want to follow up myself, but am unable to until I get clearance from Alamy.  It's a PITA, but not a lot you can do unless - someone knows better??? :)  I can't remember exactly what, but I know that there have been some who have been able to communicate with Alamy and have posted about it here on the forum.  Unfortunately, issues such as undeclared uses/incorrect licenses (PU/presentation abuse, etc.) always seemed to have taken a back seat - now even more so.

Thanks.

Kind of annoying as once again we are talking a national news title here - and the amount may be peanuts to them but the smaller amount I make from it is important to me.

• Like 3

Likewise.  I sent an email about an unauthorized use and received the same automated response.  About four days later, I received a personal response from Alamy addressing my concern. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Colblimp said:

I emailed the contrib email addy and James got back to me within a week or so. 

13 hours ago, villalobos said:

Likewise.  I sent an email about an unauthorized use and received the same automated response.  About four days later, I received a personal response from Alamy addressing my concern. 

Thanks guys - good to know.  We will see what happens.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Starsphinx said:

Just an update I have had a reply back to the email saying it is being passed on to the billing department,  which is good news.

Thank for following up here: definitely good news.  I'll get back to them on Monday.

I sent in the form and got the automated reply on 6 May. Nothing further yet, I'll give it a bit longer. This will be the second time I've had to chase up payment from the same magazine for different unpaid sales. I wonder how many people never chase them, and they never pay.

They did say “Responses to new unauthorised use claims will be delayed”

https://discussion.alamy.com/topic/12807-the-contributor-experience-whilst-were-all-tackling-the-covid-19-pandemic/?ct=1589012806

fully understandable during the current situation

8 hours ago, cbimages said:

I sent in the form and got the automated reply on 6 May. Nothing further yet, I'll give it a bit longer. This will be the second time I've had to chase up payment from the same magazine for different unpaid sales. I wonder how many people never chase them, and they never pay.

Yes same here.  If when they are chased they still only have to pay what they would have done in the first place without any compensation or fine or loss of account facilities why not risk it - which is a bad business model.

• Like 1