DCSmith

Alamy Measures

As I understand it Alamy measures only shows searches from people who have licensed images from Alamy in the past.

Are we missing out on data from people who are searching for images, but have not as yet found something they liked on the site?

Edited by DCSmith

Only certain customers (those with accounts??) have their searches 'measured', so, yes, I think there are many searches which go unrecorded...

• Like 1

Data is only gathered from certain verified buyers in order to prevent contributors boosting their rank by having friends and family zoom their images repeatedly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DJ Myford said:

Data is only gathered from certain verified buyers in order to prevent contributors boosting their rank by having friends and family zoom their images repeatedly.

I'm not suggesting that searches by unverified "lookers" be counted for ranking purposes.

Just thinking that we might be able to see holes in the catalog better and fill them in, and have a better idea of how many people might be looking for those images

On 11/02/2020 at 03:34, DCSmith said:

I'm not suggesting that searches by unverified "lookers" be counted for ranking purposes.

Just thinking that we might be able to see holes in the catalog better and fill them in, and have a better idea of how many people might be looking for those images

I'm here looking for buyers so money spent is the best statistic for me. I would like some wildcard search options so I can investigate the search database better though.