huh, I completely missed my 5000 image milestone earlier this year.

And with my next publish I will be over 6000!

Now done processing all my bird photos, and then only have a couple of species of mammal to clear out.

Then will be free to spend more time on editorial stuff.

Hoping to hit 10 000 images this year, but that will mean about 3500 photos. Quite a lot for a year.

1 minute ago, Sally R said:

Love your wildlife images Chris! Costa Rica would have been amazing to visit for photography!

Thanks

It is my favourite place in the world. Not visiting this year to cut costs a little, and going to miss it immensely!

Need to do a Dominican trip early next year for my mom, but hopefully either later next year or early 2022 - but that sounds so far away :(

11 hours ago, chris_rabe said:

And with my next publish I will be over 6000!

Now done processing all my bird photos, and then only have a couple of species of mammal to clear out.

Then will be free to spend more time on editorial stuff.

Hoping to hit 10 000 images this year, but that will mean about 3500 photos. Quite a lot for a year.

Congratulations!

I was hoping for 5,000 by end of 2019, but eventually got there a few days ago.

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

Congratulations!

I was hoping for 5,000 by end of 2019, but eventually got there a few days ago.

Mark

Congrats. 

I must say, 10000 is possibly a bit high to aim for. 

Even for wildlife, i take far fewer photos when I go out now. Initially the drive is to at the very least have an image of something, but for things i already have images of, I try to be a bit more picky when taking more. 

I wish I could click my fingers and magically redo photos even from just a year ago. I could do many a lot better now, with more consistency. Oh well. 

I'll have my next celebration at 7500 😊

Congrats Chris and Mark! 

Chris, getting pickier about what you shoot and thinking about whether it is worth pressing the shutter, even if digital storage is seemingly endless, really makes for a much easier time in post. Those wildlife images are wonderful, and I'm sure you need to take plenty of each to get the right image of the subjects you decide to shoot. For years I shot way too much ...I was taking bracketed images of landscapes, LOL...and simply reviewing and culling my shots took forever, but with all the advancements in LR/PS that's really unnecessary most of the time. It's a lot easier to cull 600 photos from a trip rather than 3,000. 

My next goal is 2,000 - which means uploading about 700 more images this year, and that is daunting. I can't imagine uploading 3,500 in a year! You are certainly driven. 

Here's to everyone meeting their 2020 goals!  And congrats again! 

Edited by Marianne

On 29/01/2020 at 08:49, chris_rabe said:

As someone who hasn't picked up their camera since May 2019 (apart from a couple of day trips in October), I wonder where you still get your strong motivation from; considering the current less than rosy stock photography climate.

Is it your passion for wildlife photography, or the big backs you are earning at Alamy?

Edited by andremichel

On 31/01/2020 at 17:28, andremichel said:

As someone who hasn't picked up their camera since May 2019 (apart from a couple of day trips in October), I wonder where you still get your strong motivation from; considering the current less than rosy stock photography climate.

Is it your passion for wildlife photography, or the big backs you are earning at Alamy?

I haven't sold anything for 3 months here, so it's nothing to do with earnings :D

Getting out into nature keeps me sane. I would like to focus on doing things besides wildlife - but that may not keep my mental state as balanced...

As I'm actually over 6000 already, 7500 is probably a bit low for a target. There is still 11 months after all!

Of course, I have also not been seriously into photography all my life. I always had a passing interest, which in the last 5 or so years has become far more obsession-like. So, perhaps I am still in a honeymoon phase. I hope not. I'm enjoying the improvement I am seeing in my wildlife photos - hopefully one day, I will take something award winning! :D

• Love 1