FOOD ID PLEASE

Young

Question

10 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

They look like simple tortillas but I've never seen those spots before.

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=tortillas&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Hi Ed .

🙄I thought that was sweet biscuit.

It's possible that is very dry tortilla,,,

Pinks things looks very sweet but maybe it's my prejudice

8 minutes ago, Young said:

Hi Allan.

Traditional Mexican domino 😅?!

Ah! Sorry!  Dominos is a game played, generally, in pubs. 

domino | ˈdɒmɪnəʊ | noun (plural dominoes) 1 any of 28 small oblong pieces marked with 0–6 pips in each half: everyone will fall over like a row of dominoes.  (dominoes) [treated as singular] the game played with dominoes, in which they are laid down to form a line, each player in turn trying to find and lay down a domino with a value matched by that of a piece at either end of the line already formed.

My poor attempt at humour.😔

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell

24 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Ah! Sorry!  Dominos is a game played, generally, in pubs. 

domino | ˈdɒmɪnəʊ | noun (plural dominoes) 1 any of 28 small oblong pieces marked with 0–6 pips in each half: everyone will fall over like a row of dominoes.  (dominoes) [treated as singular] the game played with dominoes, in which they are laid down to form a line, each player in turn trying to find and lay down a domino with a value matched by that of a piece at either end of the line already formed.

My poor attempt at humour.😔

Allan

I completely imagined Domino pizza .

Then my imagination went to American Domino pizza, Trump and Mexcan wall etc😂

There are some corn cookies made in Nicaragua that have a melted sugar central topping, but that's brown and the cookies aren't flat.  I would suspect that someone sweetened masa and pressed it into tortillas and added dots of pink sugar.  Where did the photographer get them and what did they taste like?   I think this one would require asking the cook since a Google Image search isn't coming up with anything similar either looking for tortillas with pink dots or Mexican flat cookies with pink dots.  Given that there is some Syrian influences in Mexican cooking, one would have to rule out other kinds of flat breads, plus some cook creating them just for fun.

8 hours ago, MizBrown said:

There are some corn cookies made in Nicaragua that have a melted sugar central topping, but that's brown and the cookies aren't flat.  I would suspect that someone sweetened masa and pressed it into tortillas and added dots of pink sugar.  Where did the photographer get them and what did they taste like?   I think this one would require asking the cook since a Google Image search isn't coming up with anything similar either looking for tortillas with pink dots or Mexican flat cookies with pink dots.  Given that there is some Syrian influences in Mexican cooking, one would have to rule out other kinds of flat breads, plus some cook creating them just for fun.

Hi MizBrown.

Yes it's not on google search.

Now I'm trying to find Mexican friend to know what it is.😃