Just as a matter of interest.

9 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

Previously Alamy only updated "contributor's rank" every 180 days and it's believed that a contributor's rank was based on CTR and other measures of performance (Alamy don't disclose the exact details). So changes in BHZ image position tended to happen every 6 months just after a re-rank. But, so far as I'm aware, there hasn't been a re-rank in well over a year now. Bottom line is don't expect the position of your image to change in response to short term changes in your CTR, unless of course Alamy changes the way they place our images. :unsure:

Mark

That's interesting information, thanks. Wonder how they position beginners like me who wasn't around by the time of the last ranking?

1 hour ago, JaniMarkus Hasa said:

That's interesting information, thanks. Wonder how they position beginners like me who wasn't around by the time of the last ranking?

All beginners were given a "Median" ranking at the start of contributing.

How it works now though is anybodies guess.

Allan

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2019 at 06:01, Allan Bell said:

All beginners were given a "Median" ranking at the start of contributing.

How it works now though is anybodies guess.

Allan

Nice of you to post that. I had asked years ago and James (the other James) wrote back the same information, and added, "you don't have enough sales to be ranked yet" which leaves me still wondering, how many B) is enough?

With the new proper BHZ image, RM and it's my only RM image at this point, I'll make a note and watch. There's still the logical problem of, when someone new joins, with a median rank, will they be ahead or behind me? We can't all be exactly the same? The image changes showed the next day, by the way.

just-one-more-thing.jpg

I'm honestly not that concerned with rank. Images speak for themselves and if someone is searching for more specific content, like I upload most of the time, I'll be found. If they are searching for some subject that there are tens of thousands, I'm not really in the running anyway.

Note: as promised, #30 on page 15 of 32 pages. Right where I'd expect, somewhere near the middle. 3131 images appeared for BHZ RM only.

Edited by Klinger

That's odd Klinger.  I get 2891 images for BHZ.  I use 120/page and find my top psuedo still on page 3.  My new images go into a psuedo on page 10, and my scrapings go into a third psuedo on page 12.

1 hour ago, Klinger said:

Nice of you to post that. I had asked years ago and James (the other James) wrote back the same information, and added, "you don't have enough sales to be ranked yet" which leaves me still wondering, how many B) is enough?

With the new proper BHZ image, RM and it's my only RM image at this point, I'll make a note and watch. There's still the logical problem of, when someone new joins, with a median rank, will they be ahead or behind me? We can't all be exactly the same? The image changes showed the next day, by the way.

just-one-more-thing.jpg

I'm honestly not that concerned with rank. Images speak for themselves and if someone is searching for more specific content, like I upload most of the time, I'll be found. If they are searching for some subject that there are tens of thousands, I'm not really in the running anyway.

Note: as promised, #30 on page 15 of 32 pages. Right where I'd expect, somewhere near the middle. 3131 images appeared for BHZ RM only.

You need to make sure you exclude RF images from the search. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/11/2019 at 10:54, hdh said:

You need to make sure you exclude RF images from the search. 

Yes, that's why I changed one image from RF to RM 😎 And yes, that's when I looked after the update and excluded RF images, the second time I took notes.

I'm pretty much the same relative place that I was in 200? (except I had hundreds of RM images and a different one for the BHZ) But the question remains, if new people and everyone without "enough sales" is median, who's first and who's last of those. There have to be thousands of people in that group. scratch.gif

I'm happy where I am. In some searches I'm first for the specific keywords, and then every 19 or less after that. Others I'm above the fold, so I know I'm getting seen. Aside from my scenic shots, I have some very specific subjects or people, which have a very limited interest to the general public. No complaints.