Google Image Search results

Sorry if this has been queried elsewhere.

Recently, doing various reverse image searches from Alamy images into GIS I have been getting some very strange suggestions for text accompanying the images.  A typical example:

Screenshot_2019-09-03%20Google%20Search.

"samson captured by the philistines" What?!  Now, I don't claim to be the best at keywording (tags), but I'm pretty certain that I never went this far off target! 😅

I'm getting many similar results.  What is going on?

Anyone else had the same experience?

I can't recall exactly what it was at the moment, but a couple of weeks ago I had a really strange suggestion for one of my images when doing a similar reverse image search. The other few I searched that day were as expected, only one weird one. Next time I get a doozy, I'll share it. So, you are not alone, however, while I don't recall the specifics, I'm quite certain it was not as memorably weird as yours! 😎

Edited by Marianne

Ones that I can remember that Google has suggested for objects were Eric Cantona and Paul Pogba (football/soccer players), but a memorable one was Joey Dunlop for an aircraft's undercarriage. There would have been a connection had I included Dunlop as a tyre/tire manufacturer but that detail wasn't legible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 18/09/2019 at 15:58, Thyrsis said:

Google thinks this is 'Soft focus on hands of passion couple having sex '

Really??

sculpture of a marble head at the  Yorkshire Sculpture Park - Stock Image

You mean that sculpture? Google thinks it's something else. 😂

As for the soft focus one, it seems a popular theme on some agencies. Could they all be from the same contributor? (NSFW! - if you have safe search off.)

wim