Disabling a photo

Patrick Cooper

Question

Just wondering how you can disable a photo from the image database so that it's no longer for sale? I have taken a number of photos at a local event and submitted them to Alamy where they are currently available for sale. Unfortunately, I found out not too long ago that photographs taken on the grounds within the event area cannot be used for commercial gain (making money.) So I would like to remove them to avoid any potential legal hassles (even though he chances of getting in trouble would be pretty slim.) Better to be safe than sorry.

Ive removed most of the keywords and the description from the first of the photos but the image in question is still marked as being on sale. I can't see a 'disable' or 'delete' option anywhere.

Edited by Patrick Cooper

8 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Patrick Cooper said:

Just wondering how you can disable a photo from the image database so that it's no longer for sale? I have taken a number of photos at a local event and submitted them to Alamy where they are currently available for sale. Unfortunately, I found out not too long ago that photographs taken on the grounds within the event area cannot be used for commercial gain (making money.) So I would like to remove them to avoid any potential legal hassles (even though he chances of getting in trouble would be pretty slim.) Better to be safe than sorry.

Ive removed most of the keywords and the description from the first of the photos but the image in question are still marked as being on sale. I can't see a 'disable' or 'delete' option anywhere.

The Delete icon is on the Optional Tab when you select the image(s). However, they will still be available for sale for 6 months.

In your case, I would contact CR explaining hour case and asking for deletion.

Ge 

Just now, gvallee said:

The Delete icon is on the Optional Tab when you select the image(s). However, they will still be available for sale for 6 months.

In your case, I would contact CR explaining hour case and asking for deletion.

Ge 

Thankyou, I didn't think to check the optional tab. Is there a contact e-mail address for CR?

16 minutes ago, Patrick Cooper said:

Thankyou, I didn't think to check the optional tab. Is there a contact e-mail address for CR?

Yes, not obvious is it.

contributors@alamy.com

Another thing to consider is creating a pseudonym for only deleted images and switching images to it before deleting. This should help move them to the bottom of searches, I think.