Phil Robinson

Great idea. Maybe something to also help us recognize when we have missed the British spelling. I wouldn't have thought of recognise. Really? Philippe is probably better at this than I am.

Paulette

In fact, I like it the ways it is. When I see "harbour" or "mollusc" underlined in red, then it should ring a bell that there's also another spelling "(harbor" "mollusk"). When it would recognise both British English and American English spellings, I would miss a lot.

Cheers,

Philippe

Good point, so can I request that it is changed from American to British ONLY, so we can pick up the US spellings!

In fact, I like it the ways it is. When I see "harbour" or "mollusc" underlined in red, then it should ring a bell that there's also another spelling "(harbor" "mollusk"). When it would recognise both British English and American English spellings, I would miss a lot.

Cheers,

Philippe

Good point, so can I request that it is changed from American to British ONLY, so we can pick up the US spellings!

Fine by me ;)

Cheers,

Philippe

You're right - that wouldn't work. I got confused. Best left as it is.....

Can't get access to the old version (never having used it).  Anyhow, we're all going to be treated to a new version soon, right?!

If there is indeed a new system in the pipeline, then can we a have a choice of spellcheckers, as in the original?

This British company pays you in $$$$s so why not use an American spellchecker?

As mentioned above it does give a heads up that there are possible alternative spellings.

Allan

Archived