Can we have a spellchecker in Manage Images that recognises British English spellings as well as American? (there is now a squiggly red line under 'recognises').

• Upvote 1

Great idea. Maybe something to also help us recognize when we have missed the British spelling. I wouldn't have thought of recognise. Really? Philippe is probably better at this than I am.

Paulette

In fact, I like it the ways it is. When I see "harbour" or "mollusc" underlined in red, then it should ring a bell that there's also another spelling "(harbor" "mollusk"). When it would recognise both British English and American English spellings, I would miss a lot.

Cheers,

Philippe

Good point, so can I request that it is changed from American to British ONLY, so we can pick up the US spellings!

In fact, I like it the ways it is. When I see "harbour" or "mollusc" underlined in red, then it should ring a bell that there's also another spelling "(harbor" "mollusk"). When it would recognise both British English and American English spellings, I would miss a lot.

Cheers,

Philippe

Good point, so can I request that it is changed from American to British ONLY, so we can pick up the US spellings!

Fine by me ;)

Cheers,

Philippe

You're right - that wouldn't work. I got confused. Best left as it is.....

Use the old Manage Images 1.0

Choose any spell checker you like in your browser options.

wim

• Upvote 1

Use the old Manage Images 1.0

Choose any spell checker you like in your browser options.

wim

Thanks Wim - I didn't know about that. Then you can check using both and add both sets of missing variants. Brilliant.

• Upvote 1

Now everybody go mail member services to demand ask for access to 1.0.

;-)

wim

I still like to use the old version - much better for comparing and copying/pasting.

• Upvote 1

Can't get access to the old version (never having used it).  Anyhow, we're all going to be treated to a new version soon, right?!

Can't get access to the old version (never having used it).  Anyhow, we're all going to be treated to a new version soon, right?!

If there is indeed a new system in the pipeline, then can we a have a choice of spellcheckers, as in the original?

This British company pays you in $$$$s so why not use an American spellchecker?

As mentioned above it does give a heads up that there are possible alternative spellings.

Allan

Just found 'Betjeman' underlined. Suggested replacement - 'Beatlemania'. Perhaps it's Liverpudlian, not American after all.

• Upvote 1

Ha Ha! :D

Have a green one from me.

Allan