Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Print run: up to 5,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1/8 page
Start: 01 March 2019
End: 01 March 2024
Slovakia, Editorial, Editorial, Website, Bulk discount, flat rate per image

How can a license for Editorial website usage have a print run?

Edited by Thyrsis
Added info
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

Czech Republic, Editorial, Editorial, Website, Bulk discount, flat rate per image

Not enough for a stale donut.        😕

3 hours ago, Thyrsis said:

How can a license for Editorial website usage have a print run?

PDF included? 

(bit of a wild guess) :)

Edited by losdemas

Edited my first post to add more details.

The sales are all identical except different countries! (We are opted out of both Slovenia and Czech Republic.)

Seems dodgy to me! Unless Alamy can explain this satisfactorily I’m opting out of all distribution before the end of April.

Edited by Thyrsis

56 minutes ago, Thyrsis said:

Edited my first post to add more details.

The sales are all identical except different countries! (We are opted out of both Slovenia and Czech Republic.)

Seems dodgy to me! Unless Alamy can explain this satisfactorily I’m opting out of all distribution before the end of April.

Please let us know the result of your conversations with Alamy. Something smells fishy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, losdemas said:

Please let us know the result of your conversations with Alamy. Something smells fishy.

Will do, but I probably won’t hear from them until after the holiday weekend.....

Same here for Slovakia

Slovakia, Editorial, Editorial, Website, Bulk discount, flat rate per image

mine:

The Big Merino in Goulburn Australia. The worlds biggest Merino sheep statue at 15.2 meters, 97t. - Stock Image

I don't see a problem: it's just a bulk discount. It's not even sure if it's to Slovenia, Slovakia or Czech Republic (mine).

The country is only in the online Sales history, not in the downloaded Net revenue sales report. My guess is that they have a sort of newspaper scheme like Alamy has in the UK.

If you don't like the money, just opt out of the distributor.

I did once track an image that had been licensed through them and found out it had been used at least 4 or 5 times. Alamy chased it and got a couple of licenses more out of it. This was to one of the former Yugoslav countries.

Why not check all your sales to the countries that this distributor services?

Just go to your Sales history and set the time period to all.

I only checked for the Czech Republic so far, because I stopped my search when I saw a $ 265.00 (gross) sale for a cover of a detective novel.

So I will stay in. Not just for that cover, because as I have said before: I will still stoop for a dime and run for a dollar.

I also really liked the cover btw and the image only sold once.

wim

"Czech Republic, Editorial, Editorial, Website, Bulk discount, flat rate per image

Not enough for a stale donut."

I've opted out of Czech Republic sales.  Everyone else should do the same.  Maybe market forces will eventually start to work.

Didn't know about Slovenia and Serbia.  If similarly low prices are being given those two countries I'll opt out of them too.  But Alamy seems to have missed the creation of the country of Serbia; it isn't in the list.  Nice to know we can still opt out of the country of Yugoslavia.  Is Alamy in the news business?

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, Ollie said:

"Czech Republic, Editorial, Editorial, Website, Bulk discount, flat rate per image

Not enough for a stale donut."

I've opted out of Czech Republic sales.  Everyone else should do the same.  Maybe market forces will eventually start to work.

Didn't know about Slovenia and Serbia.  If similarly low prices are being given those two countries I'll opt out of them too.  But Alamy seems to have missed the creation of the country of Serbia; it isn't in the list.  Nice to know we can still opt out of the country of Yugoslavia.  Is Alamy in the news business?

I  opted out two weeks ago!   but have since had a sale for $0.97.  ???

34 minutes ago, Ollie said:

" How can a license for Editorial website usage have a print run?"  Good question.  Let us know what Alamy says.

Why not? I read this as ....... Editorial website usage and a print run up to 5000.

Cheers and gone

Shergar 

On 19/04/2019 at 16:15, Ollie said:

" How can a license for Editorial website usage have a print run?"  Good question.  Let us know what Alamy says.

Alamy’s response:

“This was a sale through our distribution scheme so we don’t know the exact use but it’s most likely being used in a Slovakian newspaper which is also printed and available online.”

I’ve asked for further clarification as I would have thought the usage should specify newspaper usage.

Edited by Thyrsis

23 hours ago, Thyrsis said:

Alamy’s response:

“This was a sale through our distribution scheme so we don’t know the exact use but it’s most likely being used in a Slovakian newspaper which is also printed and available online.”

I’ve asked for further clarification as I would have thought the usage should specify newspaper usage.

We’ve spoken to our distribution team and they’ve said that this is a glitch as website doesn’t ask for page size or print. This will  be fixed as soon as possible.”

• Like 1

https://www.pluska.sk/dobre-jedlo/rady-tipy/fantasticky-gastanovy-krem-zavinuty-do-vonavej-bezmukovej-cokoladovej-rolady-rolada-kazdu-prilezitost.html

This is where our image was used. Looks like a food website but there is also a printed magazine. Several other possible Alamy images but none with credits.