Photography Show Meet-Up

I'll be at The Photography Show in Birmingham again in March - Saturday for the show and Monday for the Pro Conference.  I met a couple of Alamy contribs last year and would like to do the same again.  It's pretty lonely as a stock/news photographer so any human contact would be great! :lol:

Anyone interested just comment on this thread and if there's any interest we'll arrange a time and location on Saturday 16th March at The Photography Show at Birmingham NEC.

I may be able to get there this year - would be the Saturday 16th I think. Always good to meet other Alamy photographers, and I think Alamy are going to be there.

Cheers

Kumar

Yes we've got a bigger stand this year so hopefully it won't be as crowded on our corner as 2018.

There will be a rotation of Alamy staff there over the whole event, happy to meet and chat with any of you.

Thanks

Alamy

4 hours ago, Colblimp said:

I'll be at The Photography Show in Birmingham again in March - Saturday for the show and Monday for the Pro Conference.  I met a couple of Alamy contribs last year and would like to do the same again.  It's pretty lonely as a stock/news photographer so any human contact would be great! :lol:

Anyone interested just comment on this thread and if there's any interest we'll arrange a time and location on Saturday 16th March at The Photography Show at Birmingham NEC.

Also going again on the monday, going to the pro conference again, then buying you a coffee afterwards colin ? 

7 hours ago, Doc said:

I may be able to get there this year - would be the Saturday 16th I think. Always good to meet other Alamy photographers, and I think Alamy are going to be there.

Cheers

Kumar

That's a date, Doc!

5 hours ago, Ace said:

Also going again on the monday, going to the pro conference again, then buying you a coffee afterwards colin ? 

It'll be nice to meet up with you again, but I'm Andy - how could you forget?!!!

3 hours ago, Colblimp said:

That's a date, Doc!

It'll be nice to meet up with you again, but I'm Andy - how could you forget?!!!

lol, that's a bit of a 'Dave' Only fools and horses moment 😁 see you there Andy !

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Colblimp said:

After a great deal of thought I'd like to propose meeting on Saturday 16th at 12.00 at the Pentax stand.  If there's any takers, say aye!

Well I'll be there on Saturday and will visit the Pentax stand so may see you there. 

18 hours ago, Colblimp said:

After a great deal of thought I'd like to propose meeting on Saturday 16th at 12.00 at the Pentax stand.  If there's any takers, say aye!

Excellent Andy/Rob  - will meet you all at the Pentax stall at 12 noon, Saturday 16th.

Cheers

Kumar

2 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

OK, slight problem.  Looking at the Photo Show app there appears to be no Pentax stand.  Any suggestions as to where to meet?

Haha. How about the Nikon stand? Surely there is a Nikon stand. I wasn't intending to come but there is a possibility now. 

2 minutes ago, MDM said:

Haha. How about the Nikon stand? Surely there is a Nikon stand. I wasn't intending to come but there is a possibility now. 

I originally thought the Nikon stand but wasn't sure. I'm quite happy to meet at the Nikon stand if everyone is agreeable?

1 hour ago, Colblimp said:

OK, slight problem.  Looking at the Photo Show app there appears to be no Pentax stand.  Any suggestions as to where to meet?

Ha Ha Ha! 

Excellent - see you at the Nikon stand at 12 noon, Saturday! And anyone else who is there!

Kumar

As a final reminder - we're meeting at the Nikon stand tomorrow at 12.00 for a chat, etc.  All welcome to come along - anyone who wants to go for a coffee afterwards, we can do that too!  Looking forward to meeting you all!

On 14/03/2019 at 17:02, Colblimp said:

I originally thought the Nikon stand but wasn't sure. I'm quite happy to meet at the Nikon stand if everyone is agreeable?

Sorry I missed you all, did you see how many were around the Nikon stand?! Still, came away with with a few things at show prices which offset the parking and entry charges so not a bad day.

17 minutes ago, Rob Lavers said:

Sorry I missed you all, did you see how many were around the Nikon stand?! Still, came away with with a few things at show prices which offset the parking and entry charges so not a bad day.

That's a shame, I recognised Doc and Paul turned up shortly afterwards. We waited for a while but no one approached us.  We'll do it better next year.

Archived