Meet and Shoot - Sydney

Hi There, I have been thinking about suggesting this for some time but the California shoot has pushed me into action. Is anyone interested in joining in a photo walk or attending an event together to shoot it. My January is booked out but there is always something on in Sydney, markets, locations, events etc. Meeting up with a fellow Alamite would be great so let me know if you are keen.

Stephen

Okey doke - I'll try to give you a call tomorrow, Stephen, but if I don't manage it, feel free to catch me on 0403 791 238.

Anyone else in Sydney want to join us? @Foreign Export? I remember we nearly met up a couple of years ago ...

William: I'm likely to be in Melbourne in September if that's close enough to you ...

Sorry, folks - I've been meaning to call Stephen but keep getting caught up with other stuff. I'll try again for tomorrow, but if any of you want to call or message me on the number I gave above, please feel free.

It'll be great to catch up with all of you - Illya, Martin and Stephen - as well as anyone else in Sydney!

David.

Hi Folks

Sorry for the slow reply but i have been down the coast near Bawley Point and the only coverage is when you stand facing east on the boat ramp. its so bad for non Telstra users that the local cops drive down there and hang out on their phones!

Anyway, i have a suggestion for a potential meet up event http://www.mardigras.org.au/events/fair-day

This ticks quite a few boxes, its newsworthy, its topical - LGBTIQ etc and its central to Sydney. We can meet and then cover the event and perhaps catch up later for a refreshment?

Have a look and let me know your thoughts. Obviously Im open to any other suggestions for photo walks that you guys might have so feel free to offer alternatives especially if the date doesnt work.

thanks Stephen

That'll explain why your phone went straight to voicemail when I tried to call, Stephen :-)

Fair day sounds fine! Depending on schedule and heat, I may focus on the later part of the day. And like you, I am open to other ideas. Somehow I haven't managed to get to Barangaroo yet - perhaps we could throw that idea in the basket, too?

On 1/27/2019 at 21:35, Stephen Dwyer said:

Hi Folks

Sorry for the slow reply but i have been down the coast near Bawley Point and the only coverage is when you stand facing east on the boat ramp. its so bad for non Telstra users that the local cops drive down there and hang out on their phones!

Anyway, i have a suggestion for a potential meet up event http://www.mardigras.org.au/events/fair-day

This ticks quite a few boxes, its newsworthy, its topical - LGBTIQ etc and its central to Sydney. We can meet and then cover the event and perhaps catch up later for a refreshment?

Have a look and let me know your thoughts. Obviously Im open to any other suggestions for photo walks that you guys might have so feel free to offer alternatives especially if the date doesnt work.

thanks Stephen

Hi DHill (David) and Ilya Genkin

Looks like this will be the best place to Meet and Shoot,the event starts at 10.00am but I'm planning to be there a little later, It may be quite hot so if you are coming do take usual precautions, "Slip Slop Slap" etc. I have spoken to David and he is planning on coming in the afternoon but Ilya if you see this and are coming maybe give me a call 0418 11 88 42. Of course anyone else that's in town is welcome to join us.

thanks

Stephen

7 minutes ago, Stephen Dwyer said:

Hi DHill (David) and Ilya Genkin

Looks like this will be the best place to Meet and Shoot,the event starts at 10.00am but I'm planning to be there a little later, It may be quite hot so if you are coming do take usual precautions, "Slip Slop Slap" etc. I have spoken to David and he is planning on coming in the afternoon but Ilya if you see this and are coming maybe give me a call 0418 11 88 42. Of course anyone else that's in town is welcome to join us.

thanks

Stephen

In water up to our necks in Cairns. We all have webbed feet now. Quack quack.

Enjoy the meeting!

Gen: I was wondering how you were doing up there. I hope Cairns isn't being affected at much as Townsville!

Martin: it woiuld be good to make the meet-up something of a regular event - maybe we can make sure the next one happens when you are available.

Stephen: thanks for organising it - see you in the afternoon (maybe late afternoon?) of 17th.

Ilya: I hope you can make it. Will be good to meet you, too!

17 minutes ago, DHill said:

Gen: I was wondering how you were doing up there. I hope Cairns isn't being affected at much as Townsville!

Luckily Cairns isn't as badly hit as Townsville. Truly awful down there. We have a few roads periodically closed, some flooding and landslides but nothing drastic. All waterfalls are pumping! We had one metre of rain in one week... 97% humidity. The TV has lost the sound with humidity, pillows have rotted, all my camera gear is tucked away in a dry cabinet. That's Wet Tropics for you! 

Yes, it's pretty mind-bogglng that some places have had more rain in a few hours that notoriously wet areas of the UK (such as Manchester) get in a year! Sydney's tropical enough for me at this time of year.

Good luck. Hope you and your property stay safe, and that what's happening in Townsville stays away from Cairns. 

David.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi All

Just a general update on this one, David, Ilya and myself all found each other among the crowds on the day and spent a couple of very pleasant hours sharing stories and Alamy experiences. We even managed a quick model released shoot of some locals!

The plan is to do it again at a TBA agreed location in a few months so please if you want to join us we will announce it here or you can find me on Whatsapp and i will add you to the group.

Stephen

Archived