Image Rejection on Upload

I have been uploading a number of images, all but seven have been accepted on upload.  The error message is that the image is too small and the JPEG size should be between 3-5 MB.  These images are sized at 5.15, 3.20, 3.37, 3.89, 4.75, 3/47 and 4.91 respectively.  Can anybody tell me why they have been rejected because they all seem to be correctly sized.

Many thanks

Sheila

I suspect you are quoting the uncompressed sizes. Uncompressed needs to be over 17MB, corresponding as Keith says to about 3000x2000. Check image size, not file size

Most of your existing images seem to be 4928 long side, so you must have clicked the wrong box on export.

I love your images. I hope you don't mind hearing some advice about captions and keywords. I would suggest being more factual. Include scientific names for sure. "Cute critters" might not be helpful though I have found "funny animals" can be. Take a look at the frog images here. Zoom the ones you think are best and  look at the captions and keywords. It will give you an idea of what is wanted here. Forgive me if I seem intrusive but I like your work a lot and think you can do more to get it found in searches.

Paulette

Thanks Keith for your advice.  I will check the pixels size.  Thanks also spacecadet but I was quoting the exact error message which said the original JPEG had to be between 3-5MB.  Everything else has gone through at those sizes OK.  It is not critical - I was just curious as to why some went through OK and some didn't.    

Than you very much Paulette for your valuable advice.  I will do exactly as you suggest and try to improve the tagging.  You are not being intrusive at all - you are being helpful and as i am new to this game, I appreciate that.  Please don't hesitate to offer more advice if you think it is warranted. 

Thanks again for your encouragement.

Sheila

On 1/12/2019 at 11:40, Sheila Child said:

Thanks Keith for your advice.  I will check the pixels size.  Thanks also spacecadet but I was quoting the exact error message which said the original JPEG had to be between 3-5MB.  Everything else has gone through at those sizes OK.  It is not critical - I was just curious as to why some went through OK and some didn't.    

Than you very much Paulette for your valuable advice.  I will do exactly as you suggest and try to improve the tagging.  You are not being intrusive at all - you are being helpful and as i am new to this game, I appreciate that.  Please don't hesitate to offer more advice if you think it is warranted. 

Thanks again for your encouragement.

Sheila

i got a similar error, and it was because my file ended up being 3900x 1997 after i realigned my verticals.  So even if file size was fine (and error message was confusing) I didn't meet the required minimal 2000 pixel.  

Hi there,

Yes, when I looked at the pixel sizes, I too was below the minimum through cropping.  I now know what not to do and I now understand fully why people use these long lens to get a full frame close-up image rather than cropping down from a bigger one.  Every day is a school day isnlt it?

Thanks for your valuable and informative  feedback. 

Sheila

2 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

i got a similar error, and it was because my file ended up being 3900x 1997 after i realigned my verticals.  So even if file size was fine (and error message was confusing) I didn't meet the required minimal 2000 pixel.  

3900 x 1997 should be fine for Alamy as it contains more than Alamy's 17MB (17 Megabyte) minimum requirement.

In your example there will be 3 bytes per pixel x 3900 x 1997 = 23,364,900 bytes (over 23 MB).

The 3000 x 2000 guide applies if your image has a 3:2 aspect ratio. If your image is 6:1 (for example) then 6000 x 1000 pixels would also pass Alamy's size requirement

Mark

22 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

3900 x 1997 should be fine for Alamy as it contains more than Alamy's 17MB (17 Megabyte) minimum requirement.

In your example there will be 3 bytes per pixel x 3900 x 1997 = 23,364,900 bytes (over 23 MB).

The 3000 x 2000 guide applies if your image has a 3:2 aspect ratio. If your image is 6:1 (for example) then 6000 x 1000 pixels would also pass Alamy's size requirement

Mark

thanks.  it might have been a bit lower on the long edge, i just remember the 1997.  it was just reduced due to some keystone correction, so i just reduced it a bit to be over 2000 and file was accepted.  

Archived