Please review my portfolio and give some advices to improve it

On 14/12/2018 at 08:26, E_photography said:

Dear Contributors,

I'm a new here (and in photography), have uploaded my first 100 RF images if anyone has critiques or advice on how to improve my portfolio quality they are most welcome

Thank you

Regards

Eziz

Best advice I saw when I first started in this business was to identify what your image could be used for. So, for example, what do you see your images of a pretty girl, doing nothing in particular except posing, being used for, given that Alamy is largely an editorial stock bank.?

Lots of shots of a pretty young woman, but it's not clear what, if any,  activity she is engaged in. Photos need to tell a story. E.g. Businesswoman using phone, woman baking bread, riding motorbike, looking at,  or whatever.

Some of your product shots are too dark and you really need a true white for the backgrounds. Need to sort out the lighting and/or maybe use software to delete the backgrounds.

Edit - Sally beat me to it!!

6 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Lots of shots of a pretty young woman, but it's not clear what, if any,  activity she is engaged in. Photos need to tell a story. E.g. Businesswoman using phone, woman baking bread, riding motorbike, looking at,  or whatever.

Some of your product shots are too dark and you really need a true white for the backgrounds. Need to sort out the lighting and/or maybe use software to delete the backgrounds.

Edit - Sally beat me to it!!

Snap 😏

It looks like for each image,  you put in some irrelevant keywords.

For example, you have the young girl as 'blonde' and 'redhead' when she's neither of these but brunette, which you haven't written.

There's a pic of raw ingredients for cooking steak, mage ID: R71M8R and you have barbecue and bbq, spices, rosemary, butcher, butchery, garlic, grill, background, meal, roast - none of which are relevant to the image. Also you have veal, steak, sirloin and pork - not all of these can be correct.

6 hours ago, E_photography said:

Thank you, I appreciate all of you for sharing your experience and giving constructive critiques on my works, I need to go through the keywording, so far I've been using keyword suggesting tool and it's not as accurate as I wish it could be. 

These tools are pretty bad to awful, an d even with the best of them, you have to go through them manually deleting all the irrelevant suggestions.

However, I do sympathise if English isn't your first language. I couldn't keyword in any other language.

Archived