Deleting Tags in AIM

Under the old AIM (Ess/Main/comp), i had a lot of words which were duplicated. Now, when looking  at those images in the new AIM they often have >50 tags in the new system, and hence new multiword tags cant be added unless some of the old duplicated tags are deleted first.

Does anyone know  what the effect of removing duplicated tags has on the image's position in searches? 

Kumar

- and you are sure that the images do not have more than 50 tags - so they only get below the 50 when you delete the duplicated, because this would be the obvious to do? When I edit older images with more than 50 tags - AIM shows 50 until I get below - when reach 49 I can begin to add new with continuous deleting and adding.

I also delete duplicates when I see them in the AIM. Also if the same tag also is a supertag.

Niels

1 hour ago, Niels Quist said:

- and you are sure that the images do not have more than 50 tags - so they only get below the 50 when you delete the duplicated, because this would be the obvious to do? When I edit older images with more than 50 tags - AIM shows 50 until I get below - when reach 49 I can begin to add new with continuous deleting and adding.

I also delete duplicates when I see them in the AIM. Also if the same tag also is a supertag.

Niels

As you say, you don't know how many tags you have to delete till you get below 50 - 

But what I am interested to know is does simply deleting those duplicate tags affect the images subsequent placing in searches?

Kumar

1 hour ago, Doc said:

As you say, you don't know how many tags you have to delete till you get below 50 - 

But what I am interested to know is does simply deleting those duplicate tags affect the images subsequent placing in searches?

Kumar

Why not test it? You'll know within a day.

wim

I used to find that duplicated tags help image position so am reluctant to delete them if they are particularly important unless I have thought of more crucial tags that are missing.  I can't confirm that this is still the case though as things keep changing.  Might be worth testing a couple of images that are not your best so you don't mind them being demoted a bit.

Pearl

55 minutes ago, Pearl said:

I used to find that duplicated tags help image position so am reluctant to delete them if they are particularly important unless I have thought of more crucial tags that are missing.  I can't confirm that this is still the case though as things keep changing.  Might be worth testing a couple of images that are not your best so you don't mind them being demoted a bit.

Pearl

I think this may have been with the old image management system and Alamy's older search engine before all the renewals went through.

Allan

Archived