6 hours ago, Liam Bunce said:

What is happening with my views and uploads? The moor images that i upload the fewer views i get and my sales to date for this year total 2 which is a considerable drop compared to last year.  

Took a peek at your images, only first page. The only image I enlarged to see the tags were the one that says, “chocolate peanut butter”.

Is this a candy? It looks like candy cooling after being cooked, and sliceable once cooled. Much the way we make (candy) fudge in the U.S. This would be called “chocolate peanut butter fudge” here. I assume there are other ingredients besides chocolate and peanut butter, like milk or cream, and sugar. If so, and then cooked, would make it candy.

To me, chocolate peanut butter is something that would come in a jar from the manufacturer. Something that has been cooked would be something else. Although if that is a common term for the product in your country, in fact a candy, then it would be known by your countrymen.  But it would not be known as a candy in the U.S. or anywhere else.

I suggest you flesh out your tags so that whatever this food is, it would be recognized. If it is a candy, then use that tag.

Check your other images to see if you’ve used common tags that would be recognized everywhere. Things like that could account for low sales.

Betty

6 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Took a peek at your images, only first page. The only image I enlarged to see the tags were the one that says, “chocolate peanut butter”.

Is this a candy? It looks like candy cooling after being cooked, and sliceable once cooled. Much the way we make (candy) fudge in the U.S. This would be called “chocolate peanut butter fudge” here. I assume there are other ingredients besides chocolate and peanut butter, like milk or cream, and sugar. If so, and then cooked, would make it candy.

To me, chocolate peanut butter is something that would come in a jar from the manufacturer. Something that has been cooked would be something else. Although if that is a common term for the product in your country, in fact a candy, then it would be known by your countrymen.  But it would not be known as a candy in the U.S. or anywhere else.

I suggest you flesh out your tags so that whatever this food is, it would be recognized. If it is a candy, then use that tag.

Check your other images to see if you’ve used common tags that would be recognized everywhere. Things like that could account for low sales.

Betty

We hardly use the word "candy", certainly not as a noun, occasionally as an adjective, as in "candy cane". We say "sweet". I'm not sure what I'd call that stuff, but I agree, candy should be in the keywords.

Anything should have what the Americans call it as a keyword, like "automobile". Translation doesn't cover that.;)

20 hours ago, spacecadet said:

We hardly use the word "candy", certainly not as a noun, occasionally as an adjective, as in "candy cane". We say "sweet". I'm not sure what I'd call that stuff, but I agree, candy should be in the keywords.

Anything should have what the Americans call it as a keyword, like "automobile". Translation doesn't cover that.;)

Image P99P0B clearly states that it is chocolate peanut butter which is not candy, that is why i did not include the word candy in my keywords, i could include it but would that not then attract a lot of false views.  

1 hour ago, Liam Bunce said:

Image P99P0B clearly states that it is chocolate peanut butter which is not candy, that is why i did not include the word candy in my keywords, i could include it but would that not then attract a lot of false views.  

The comment was for Betty's information.

Well I'm sure it was delicious to eat.  For me for this image I probably wouldn't use the words abstract and background although I guess you could argue that the bake itself is abstract maybe.  I have only one image using the word candy but it's candy floss.

Carol

5 hours ago, spacecadet said:

The comment was for Betty's information.

Thank you.

This just showcases the differences of edibles between countries. Peanut butter comes in a jar, here. To me, chocolate peanut butter would mean a jar with peanut butter and chocolate mixed together, spreadable on toast or breads. 

The image shown appears to be something cooked and cooling until set. Set as in not spreadable, but cut into squares with a knife, or broken into pieces. Anything resembling that in the U.S. with chocolate is candy...or as you say, sweets.

Pardon my ignorance. :) 

On that note, I must fetch my candy...a piece of Reece’s peanut butter candy covered in chocolate hiding in my dresser drawer.

Yummy

Betty

Archived