Rendering HQ Panoramic from Lightroom

I created a high quality DNG panoramic images from about 7 vertical Raw full frame images on a D750 with a 50 mm lens. The process took about an hour to make the panoramic (and frustratingly slowed down my whole pc, including internet during the time) When I zoom into the panoramic, which was really good, the detail was exceptional. I then exported to a Jpeg at my usual 11 megapixels with "resize to fit" and "don't enlarge" checked. When I zoom into the Jpeg the quality is quite fuzzy at over 100%, nowhere near the sharpness of the DNG render.

As I am new to making LR panoramics, can anyone advise how to get the best quality export from a DNG file, hopefuly keeping the same sharpness quality ?

Thanks.

11MP sounds a bit small for a 7-frame pano. In fact it sounds a bit small for a single frame- my exports are 20MP at original and still 14 when I downsize.

If the aspect ratio is 14:3 it will only be about 7000x1500. That's marginal for height, although I have a couple at 8000x1856 which passed QC, and they're OOC panos, not stitches.

16 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

11MP sounds a bit small for a 7-frame pano. In fact it sounds a bit small for a single frame- my exports are 20MP at original and still 14 when I downsize.

If the aspect ratio is 14:3 it will only be about 7000x1500. That's marginal for height, although I have a couple at 8000x1856 which passed QC, and they're OOC panos, not stitches.

Ok, thanks for that. I will increase my size. So do you mean "at original" meaning "resize to fit" and "don't enlarge" boxes both unchecked ?

3 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

I'd say bare minimum for height is 2000, but since the maximum size is much higher (I forget exactly), you can go much bigger. At least 3000 height.

I'll watch out for it.

At the moment I have "resize to fit" checked, "don't enlarge" unchecked, 20 megapixels and resolution at 78 pixels per cm. Does that seem ok to you ?

• 3 weeks later...

I've uploaded a few to alamy recently, these are a few of the results, from Canon 6d raw files 5472x3648;

2 horizontal(H) frames to (H) Pano 7551x3554px JPEG 16.0mb

3 horizontal(H) frames to (H) Pano 10491x3608px JPEG 22.2mb

6 vertical(V) frames to (H) Pano 16194x5663px JPEG 55.5mb

3 vertical(V) frames to (H) Pano 6609x5469px JPEG 21.5mb (almost square for large file from 24mm tse shifted)

all my alamy export settings use: file settings JPEG quality 100 sRGB, image sizing 300ppi no other boxes checked, as MDM posted above.

Archived